At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astor’s Bar and Grill®, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar®; Canyon Creek®, Reds® Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose® and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher® + Bar and Abbey’s Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for … come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
As a Facilities Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage preventative maintenance, service and repair needs for all locations across the SIR Corp. portfolio banners (the majority will pertain to heating and cooling systems, electricity, lighting, general maintenance, kitchen equipment, plumbing and AV systems, etc.), delivering on time and on budget, partnering with operations and liaising with vendors to clarify requirements, confirm scope of work, schedules and any other special considerations.
- Source, qualify and manage vendor base for repair, service and preventative maintenance supplier base.
- Prepare and execute approved RFP/RFQ’s for preventative maintenance contracts, general maintenance services and supplies of materials as required.
- Analyze completed work and develop recommendations to improve efficiencies in maintenance department work processes.
- Propose cost saving initiatives with impact analysis.
- Solicit and submit estimates with recommendations and appropriate back up, for CAPEX and Expense approval.
- Assist the Director in special projects/construction/renovations as required and be available to handle emergency calls outside of regular office hours.
- Certified Engineering Technician/Technologist or Facilities Management Professional designation is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and building codes with ability to read and understand drawings.
- Contract/subcontract creation, administration and oversight including assembling and issuing RFQ/RFPs.
- Excellent communication skills with first class interpersonal and organizational skills, ensuring all parties involved are up-to-date – no surprises.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, PowerPoint) and AutoCAD.
- 5-7 years’ experience in property and building repairs, renovations and equipment modifications covering structural, electrical and mechanical systems in restaurant operations.
- Resourceful and self-sufficient with strong time management skills and the ability to determine priorities and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter with excellent work ethic who is able to deliver superior customer service Ability to encourage collaboration among clients and team members, vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to encourage collaboration among clients and team members, vendors and suppliers. Possess five values that define our people:
- Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People.
- Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People.
- Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People.
- Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People.
- Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.
Job Type: Contract
- preventative maintenance, service and repair: 2 years (Required)
- Facilities Management: 1 year (Required)