Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies and design to commissioning and then operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists: http://www.linkedin.com/company/bba_2.
Job Description :
The successful candidate will be an underground mining professional with an interest in both business development and professional practice who has relationships with clients in the base metals / precious metals mining market in Ontario and Canada. He or she is a dynamic, creative and innovative mining engineer who can provide high-quality consulting services to our growing base of clients. The role will entail both project execution and business development. The successful candidate will lead the development of our underground mining engineering practice. BBA offers flexibility, career potential and direct impact on the value chain of a growing consulting firm combined with the opportunities and support of a larger corporation.
The selected candidate could be working either in our Sudbury or Toronto office.
More specifically, you’ll be required to:
Work Schedule :
- Provide mining engineering and design services for underground mine studies, such as scoping, prefeasibility, feasibility, detailed design, and N43-101 technical reports
- Coordinate mining engineering projects with the mining team and other engineering disciplines, such as electrical, mechanical, civil/structural, etc.
- Prepare and oversee preparation of mining engineering drawings
- Prepare mining equipment specifications and assist with mining equipment procurement
- Write and contribute to study reports
- Prepare and contribute to proposals and assist with business development process
- Mentor mining engineering staff
- Prepare CAPEX and OPEX cost estimates
- Maintain existing relationships and develop new ones with clients and be proactive in addressing their needs
- Manage the mining component of large projects
- Design mine infrastructures, ventilation systems and mining services.
- Applies the firm’s health and safety policy and takes the necessary preventive or corrective measures to perform the work safely; becomes familiar with the firm’s prevention program; and applies specific job directives.
- Ensures that all direct reports adhere to and apply all health, safety and environment directives.
- Meticulously carries out assigned roles and responsibilities in accordance with established health and safety directives.
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation in providing solutions
- Results driven
- Team player with client focus
- Ability to manage client relationship
- Demonstrates commitment to health and safety
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Mining or Geological Engineering from a recognized University
- Minimum of 15 years of underground mining experience in operations, engineering and/or project evaluation
- High level of proficiency with underground mining design and planning software packages such as Deswik, Whittle, MineSched, Vulcan, Gemcom, Datamine or Minesight
- Operational experience with underground mining, room&pillar, open stopping, sub-level block caving and block caving
- Enthusiasm for prospection and growth of the firm
- Member of PEO
- Passion and aptitude for mentoring, training and sharing experiences with other engineers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills written and oral
- Bilingual (English and French) and the minimal knowledge of another language is an asset
- Promoting BBA’s mining engineering business with participation in professional conferences and working groups
- Experience in mine equipment selection, capital cost and operating cost estimates
- Occasional travel to domestic and international destinations is required.
- Asset: budgeting, estimating, and scheduling experience, with financial modeling skills
- Asset : Underground mining and tailings management experience
- Minimal knowledge of MS Office applications and software process simulation
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.