Interested in joining a privately family-owned, Canadian business? Maple Lodge Farms is Canada’s largest poultry processor. We operate to the latest in technological, health and safety and quality standards. With rapid expansion over the years, and continued innovation and investment in growth - we’re looking for committed and star players to join our team!
Shift: either of these 2 shifts -
· Tuesday-Saturday from 7:00am to 3:30pm; or
· Wednesday-Saturday from 6:00am – 4:30pm
Role Purpose: General maintenance functions, maintenance repairs and upkeep to equipment, facility, yard, chicken shop, and properties.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
· Maintains Maple Lodge Farms buildings, yards and properties, including but not limited to: Basic Carpentry Skills, Painting & Drywall repair, Concrete & Urethane Coating, Light Construction, installing doors & frames, and Door Hardware installation & repair.
· Completes preventative maintenance inspections, estimate and schedule work orders.
· Assists other Trades as necessary.
· Policies, Processes & Procedures
· Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
· Must possess mechanical aptitude and three years of experience in a similar role;
· Basic Carpentry & Construction skills
· Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
· Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
· Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
· Computer literacy (MS Office).
Education and Certification Requirements:
· High School Diploma; Grade 12 or Equivalent
· Forklift License
Working Conditions: Plant, Yard, Properties, Heavy lifting, Working at heights
HOW TO APPLY:
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent