We're a Montreal-based company. We build solutions for the financial services and insurance industry to deliver a better client experience through technology.
Our team and culture mean a lot to us. We believe in independent thinking, transparency and arriving at the best solution through cooperation. The person we are looking for is not only a back-end whiz but also someone who wants to take ownership over his / her work and build something meaningful. We're looking for someone to go into the trenches with us. If you're reading this and nodding your head, we want to hear from you!
What You'll be Building:
Who We're Looking for:
- you'll be working with the server-side of our platform with the founding members of the team
- building, testing and iterating third party application integrations
- you'll use Laravel, PHP, MySQL in addition to other tools you bring to the table
- knowledge of other PHP-based frameworks is a plus (Symfony, Slim etc).
- 3+ years of experience in back-end development
- must have: solid experience with third party integrations and web service APIs
- you love building scalable web applications and contributing to your personal Git repository
- you communicate well with other team members - the good & the bad
- you've worked in an agile environment before or you're highly interested to try it
- you can work independently but you also like to troubleshoot in a team on technical challenges
What's a Plus in our Books:
- flexible work schedule
- you are building projects from the ground-up
- unlimited coffee
- degree in software engineering or computer science nice to have but not necessary. We care more about pure tenacity and if you like to continually improve your skills
- some apps that you can demo and show us with Laravel