READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU APPLY…
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- Three or more years of proven work experience as a security guard or relevant position
- Trained security officer with valid security licence
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- Surveillance skills and detail orientation
- Integrity and professionalism
*All applicants must have three or more years experience related to the security industry, a valid security licence and be fluent in both spoken and written English.
*Applicants with a vehicle are preferred and will be favored.
Security Officer Key Responsibilities:
Maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
Security Officer Job Duties:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Controls traffic by directing drivers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Security: 3 years (Preferred)
- Security Guard Licence (Required)