Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full-service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing what's right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice - one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a "can-do" attitude.
Purpose of Job:
The Administrative Associate’s primary focus is to assist an Advisor in the day-to-day trading administration of their business.
1. Ensures a High Level of Client Service by:
2. Ensure Effective Client Administration by:
- Entering client trades as directed by client or Advisor.
- Remaining up-to-date with all regulatory rules and trading activities as it relates to client accounts.
- Preparation of documents and information for client meetings and financial planning
- Managing and tracking of prospect clients and center of influences
- Preparation of tax packages and year end checklists
- Resolving issues and executing client transactions promptly and accurately, escalating issues to Advisor when appropriate.
- Issuing instructions for client withdrawals, payments and contributions according to client or Advisor instructions.
- Ensuring all client interaction is accurately documented. • Understanding the required documentation for all client account types.
3. Contribute to the Effective Functioning of the Branch Team by:
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and business partners across the bank.
- Maintaining a high level of customer service and facilitating a culture of openness and honesty.
- Actively participating and contributing to team meetings and other touch-points with team members.
- Developing and executing meaningful employee development plans.
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies
- The Administrative Associate will review and/or escalate to an Advisor any client issues that may put the firm, the Advisor, or the bank at risk.
- The Administrative Associate will work regularly with Microsoft Office Suite of Products, Charles River (trading platform), Salesforce (CRM) and other related software, applications & resources to support the business.
- Must adhere to regulatory requirements of IIROC and keep their license in good standing
Education and Other Requirements
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, takes initiative and effectively works independently and strong ability to maintain deadlines.
- Understands industry and firm’s compliance regulations & requirements.
- Ability to take direction well from Advisor(s) related to client trading activity.
- Canadian Securities Course Completion (CSC)
- Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH)
- Investment Representative Training (IRT)
- Post-Secondary Education
Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
ScotiaMcLeod and Scotiabank are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.