Job Title: AZ City P & D Driver
Department: Thunder Bay City P&D
Reports to: Dispatch
The City P & D Driver is responsible for completing all types of local freight deliveries and pickups. Work and cooperate with all customers to ensure a high level of customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide positive and friendly customer service
· Efficiently pickup and deliver all local freight in the terminal service area
· Safely operate equipment by following all policies and procedures, driving rules and regulations, including pre and post checks on equipment
· Complete all necessary shipping documents to ensure proper freight handling
· Open/Close trailer doors, hook/unhook trailers (cranking dollies), climb in and out of tractor, load and unload freight and drive
· Handles customer freight using small equipment such as forklift, pallet jacks or dollies with care to ensure no over-shorts, lost or damaged freight
· Follows all company policies and procedures
· Supports and practices all Safety & Health initiatives for personal, customers and other terminal employees by following all safety policies and procedures including the incident reporting system
· Perform other duties as required to support terminal operations and fellow drivers
Valid Class 1 or AZ Driver’s License with air brake endorsement and in good standing. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills to provide courteous and friendly service each and every time with all customers, which in turn build long lasting relationships. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision. A proven safe work practice at all levels that including handling freight, driving, and personal care. Past experience with all types of pickup and delivery activities would be considered beneficial.
Need to have the ability to perform physical requirements of this type of work by lifting up to 50-75 lbs. of freight, pushing/pulling up to 50-75 lbs. of freight. Cranking trailer dollies (requires approximately up to 50 lbs. of force). Periods of sitting required while driving and climbing into and out of truck cab or trailer several times per day. Some operations of small equipment including forklift, pallet jacks or dollies.
For More Information Please Call 1-800-282-8000
Job Type: Full-time