CLS Catering Services Ltd. – Richmond, BC (easy access to public transit or free onsite parking)
Seeking a personable, customer service oriented, professional individual who is eager to work in a fast paced, high pressure work environment. CLS Catering Services (part of LSG Sky Chef & Cathay Pacific) offers you the opportunity to be part of the inner workings of an exciting industry in a diverse and dynamic environment.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant will be required to perform an array of administrative duties providing clerical support to the General Manager, Operations Manager, Human Resources Manager and Customer Service Manager. The position will also provide general reception duties for the main office area.
- Provide general administrative support to the General Manager including correspondence, meeting arrangements, board presentation and event planning for customer functions.
- Provide general administrative support to Operations Manager including employee ID management, leave of absences forms and other administrative tasks pertaining to the operations department.
- Assist Human Resources Manager in preliminary recruitment process.
- Review and prepare all documents, reports and other correspondence materials for the management team.
- Maintain the reception in a tidy and presentable manner.
- Accept and monitor inbound shipments as necessary.
- Courteously receive and screen all in-bound calls, emails, and visitors.
- Monitor the security gate system.
- Administration of the RAIC pass application, appointments for employees through YVR.
- Filing of necessary paperwork from the supervisors and monitoring compliance of security and various operational checks.
- Ordering uniforms through uniform company for new hires.
- Coordinate departmental office activities and manage the main boardroom bookings.
- Review, evaluate and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions.
- Assist with report and presentation preparation.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor with all employees, management, executives and visitors at all times.
- Maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels and place orders as required.
- Prepare travel arrangements with a keen attention to detail, where necessary.
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Secondary School Diploma required.
- 2-3 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant, or relevant role, considered an asset.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient use of various office based software including Microsoft Office.
- Process oriented with good organizational abilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Hands-on experience with productivity applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail clients, and presentation software is an asset.
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility.
In return, we offer an excellent compensation program including a 100% employer paid benefits package, competitive salary, pension program and hot meal supplied when working. Please note that all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance of all compliance requirements such as a clear medical and criminal record.
Please send your cover letter and resume quoting Job Number YVR201923.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join the CLS Catering Services Team! CLS Catering Services Ltd. is a joint venture of LSG Sky Chefs and Cathay Pacific Airways Ltd., a leader in airline catering and a provider of integrated services solutions. These include catering, buy-on-board, in-flight equipment logistics, consulting and lounge services. The company’s extensive know-how in culinary excellence and logistics has led to its’ successful entry in adjacent markets, such as train services and retail. LSG Sky Chefs delivers 532 million meals a year for more than 300 airlines at 213 airports in 54 countries. CLS operates from Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto airports and has been an industry leader in Canada for over 20 years.
Job Type: Full-time
- receptionist: 1 year (Required)