Purchasing/Marketing & Ecommerce Assistant - Maternity Leave Contract (14months) - Supports various areas within the organization with administrative activities including:
- Assists with implementation and distribution internal/external purchasing/marketing programs
- Completes sales-related and marketing administrative projects that include running sales/marketing reports and conducting research on industry, services, products and pricing data.
- Assists with routine Purchasing administrative activities
- Assists in administering the organization's digital/e-business function
- Assists with our ecommerce business presence and sales
- creating & maintaining product content on our site
- co-ordinating & troubleshooting projects with 3rd party development company to ensure site is in working order and gaining traction
- creating, administering and measuring of campaigns to promote online sales through promotions, adwords and social media.
- transactional processing of new web account orders and maintaining our web sales lead list.
- help to identify and administers recurring processes necessary for e-business
- help to identify opportunities to improve campaign, content, pricing and customer support performance
- Miscellaneous Purchasing and Marketing tasks as required.
Reporting and scope of responsibilities:
- Performs work under general supervision but is accountable for own tasks and time management.
- Performs several tasks following established processes, but also handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Reports to Director of Purchasing
Skills, Competencies & Experience
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Project management & time management skills - ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team - Self-motivation and initiative are required characteristics.
- Research skills - Ability to identify and seek needed information
- Interpersonal skills are a must.
- Judgement, Creativity, & Problem-solving
- Technical expertise is not required but any and all of the following are assets for the position:
- knowledge or experience with distribution and/or ecommerce
- experience with graphic design and Adobe
- website design and development
- experience or knowledge of General marketing and purchasing principles
- SEO basic principles, Adwords, Google Analytics
Job Type: Contract