Registered Early Childhood Educator-RECE
Hours: 8 daily hours (flexible) Monday to Friday
- Ensures all programs provide quality care, service and support to the participants and their families.
- Understands and complies with provincial, municipal regulations.
- Plans and implements a consistent curriculum based on How Does learning happen approach.
- Completes required documentation of children’s development and interactions. Attends required curriculum training and all other relevant professional development opportunities necessary for the position.
- Seeks opportunities to deepen connections and increase engagement of parents and children in care.
- Understands the legal responsibilities and moral imperative to report suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- RECE - Early Childhood Education Diploma or equivalent training - ECA- Assistant.
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators.
- Experience working with children- Infant, Toddlers, Preschoolers and School Age.
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff and volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility regarding assigned working hours, ability to work split shifts, early morning and mid-late afternoons. Possible evening meetings.
- A capacity to work within a team
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping.
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold.
- All staff working with children are required under the Child Care and Early Year’s Act to have a valid standard first aid certification including infant and child cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) prior to the first day of work.
- Clean criminal check
- Up-to-date immunization record (plus 2 step TB test)
- English Speaking Requirement. Second language an advantage
- Montessori\Reggio approach experience is an advantage.
- Any additional skills (smart-board trained, music, art, sports, science, etc.) considered an asset.
Little Einstein Education Centre is a brand new childcare facility located in Newmarket.
We are working to bring the best individuals to provide the highest quality education to young minds. Our facility offers large classrooms for students & staff, enriched curriculum, and more.
Our staff will benefit from staff training's, Staff Fun day's, on site activities for teachers, staff room full of goodies (to keep you going), and more.
We are here to create a welcoming environment to our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time