JOB POSTING #056-19
POSTING DATE: March 19, 2019
JOB TITLE: Access Coordinator – Full-Time
INITIAL ASSIGNMENT: Access (PS RPN A-001)
BARGAINING AGENT: ONA
LOCATION: Parry Sound
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
The Access Coordinator completes assessments for low needs patients to determine patient eligibility and coordinates initial services required to address patient needs and ensure the most effective use of resources.
- Registered Practical Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Relevant experience in long-term care homes or health care and/or in social services;
- Experience working with seniors and/or physically disabled individuals;
- Understanding of issues and priorities within the health care sector;
- Knowledge of tools, systems, and databases used in health care service delivery and management;
- Practical knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. regarding the provision of health care services, privacy, etc.);
- Effective planning, organizing, and evaluation skills to manage multiple patients and provide information reports upon request;
- Ability to accurately complete required documentation, reports, forms, and recommendations;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with diverse patient groups with varying levels of comprehension and language capability;
- Effective listening and strong facilitation skills to work with patients and their families/caregivers/SDMs;
- Effective communication skills to establish and maintain contacts with organizations within the community;
- Ability to deal with demanding interpersonal situations and respond with good judgment and understanding;
- Ability to communicate using various software programs to clearly articulate patient status;
- Working knowledge of computer software (email, internet) and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.);
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
- Oral and written proficiency in English is essential.
Applications received after the date noted above may be considered unless seniority is the determining factor in selecting the successful candidate.
Please refer to posting #056-19 when applying.
Interested persons are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by March 26, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. by e-mail.
The NE LHIN is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information submitted will be used only for the purpose of determining suitability for this vacancy. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time