mcThings Inc. ('measure & control' Things) is a well-funded start-up in the rapidly growing IoT space. mcThings is expanding its low cost IoT platform enabling individuals and companies get value from IoT faster.
We are currently hiring a full-time Marketing Specialist with a focus on online marketing. As the COVID-19 situation diminishes the focus will shift to conferences/events.
A Note on COVID-19
Even with the current situation we have plenty of liquidity to hire for the long term. We are not affected by the oil price and are continuing to see growth. We expect new hires to be working from home for the foreseeable future, once Phase 3 opens employees will be in the office full-time. We are restricting the office to have less than 10 people at any one time and only if absolutely required.
Join a team of creative, energetic and enthusiastic people building the next-generation of IoT devices. mcThings Inc is seeking a Marketing Specialist who will help develop and maintain the companies public facing image including management of the social media profile(s) and development of the various materials (pamphlets, flyers, customer leave-behinds, etc). The marketing coordinator role works closely with the Sales Lead and CEO, to craft the necessary messaging and image along with associated materials. The position will also collaborate with the management team to organize conference attendance and various other marketing strategies.
Social Media Content
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers.
Product/Sales Material Development
- Create product content (e.g. sales enablement documentation, case studies, product videos, website copy, blog posts) to articulate the benefits of our products to the world.
- Assist members of our sales team on calls with prospects when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
- Coordinate with Sales team for conference attendance and exhibition.
- Organize the necessary tasks (travel arrangements, presentation materials, meeting bookings) for successful and productive conference attendance.
- Occasional travel required within North America.
- Manage and update the company’s website (WordPress, etc.) with products releases, company news and updates.
Other key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain the mcThings company image
- Write press releases
- Stay current on online marketing best practices
- Interface with the print media and blogs
- Create and follow up on B-to-B leads
- Other duties to make our products successful
- 3+ years in marketing or communications field
- Certificate or Degree: 2-year college or university program focusing in Marketing or Communications
- Enthusiastic about Technology
- Able to distill complex ideas, problems, and solutions into easy to understand, attention grabbing infographics.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Advanced experience in the Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Always ready to present new ideas
- Ability to create and maintain websites
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Driven and always ready to learn new things
- Experience organizing conference materials and attendance
- Strong LinkedIn marketing skills
- Strong WordPress skills
- Some web development experience
- Google Analytics
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Some inside sales experience
- Experience and knowledge of Amazon Seller Central
Reasons to work with us
- Competitive compensation + stock options
- Casual and flexible work environment
- The chance to gain experience in the next Trillion Dollar technology market.
Only applications with a cover letter will be considered. Please provide a portfolio if you have it.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Marketing: 3 years (Preferred)