We are currently looking PT Shunters for evening work throughout the week.
National Shunt Service Ltd. operates across North America and we specialize in yard management (shunting). Over 20 years of experience providing innovative yard management services (operations and technology), NSSL executes a TOTAL YARD MANAGEMENT PROGRAM for any type of manufacturer or cross-dock operation in North America. We call it shunting but you may know it as: spotting, jockeying, yarding or switching.
Family owned and operated transportation company. We manage in excess of 150,000 shipment movements per month for some of the leading name-brand manufacturers and major retailers in North America. Our people are important to our success and we pride ourselves on giving our employees opportunities to develop and grow within their career.
- Competitive wages
- Paid Stat Holidays
- Overtime is paid at 1.5 times regular rate
- Comprehensive Benefit plan for Full-time employees
- Strong work/life balance – home every day
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Company Events and lunches
- Opportunity for internal advancement
- Professional training and development
- Safe and efficient movement of trailers in and out of dock doors, within and between facility buildings
- Maintain routine communication with dispatch/yard control regarding the placement of trailers both indoor and in the drop lot
- Daily inspection of truck
- Utilize our proprietary software to receive and complete moves on an as-needed basis
- Monitor truck condition and communicate with the regional manager when repair(s) required
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace
- Following safe operating procedures at all times
- Inspect trailers
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Class 1 License
- Clean driving abstract
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
- Experience with computer software and programs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Believe that “the safe way is the right way”
- Willing to work hard
Be part of our Team as a Shunter! If you have a winning attitude and looking for a career in a niche business, this opportunity is right for you!
NSSL would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.00 /hour
- tractor trailer: 1 year (Preferred)
- shunting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 1 Drivers License (Required)