We are inviting applications for the Kinesiologist position with 0.5 FTE at Lakeland Primary Care Network. Site Locations: St. Paul & Smoky Lake
The role of the Kinesiologist with the Lakeland PCN will be to support the delivery of primary care services in collaboration with family physicians and community health care providers as part of a patient-centered, multi-disciplinary health care team.
Qualifications for Kinesiologist Position:
· Degree in Kinesiology or Physical education.
· Current CPR and First Aid.
· A minimum of 2 years related experience is required.
- Provide pre and post patient assessments and lead exercise program.
- Provide group exercise programs designed to meet the needs of a specified group of patients with/without chronic disease.
- Assess physician referred patients and develop patient specific exercise program for chronic disease management, orthopedic conditions and weight management.
- Assesses assigned patients through the administration of formal and informal assessments.
- Formulates and implements individual treatment plans based on analysis of assessment findings and clinical reasoning.
- Establishes goals in collaboration with the patient and/or substitute decision maker.
- Monitor change in the patient’s functional status and adjusts treatment programs accordingly.
- Collaborates with members of the inter-professional team through documentation and/or direct consultation to provide a coordinated program of patient care.
- Recommends equipment for patient use.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date assessment, treatment, goals and relevant administrative records for each patient.
How you can apply:
By sending your cover letter with full position title and resume, in confidence, no later than 5:00 pm on June 5, 2020, indicates your keen interest in applying for this role.
Lakeland Primary Care Network
#101, 4801 39 Street
St. Paul, AB T0A 3A2
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected.
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Vision care
- Extended health care
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Type: Part-time