VERNON NATIVE HOUSING SOCIETY
YOUTH INDEPENDENCE WORKER
The Youth Independence Worker provides outreach support services for children and youth housed by the Society and under MCFD’s Youth Agreements, Independent Living Program and Agreement with Young Adults. The YIW will develop a positive support network with community programs and partnerships that improves the health, safety, life skills and wellbeing of the youth while strengthening family, culture, and community connections.
The YIW position is a part-time position of 17.5 hours per week. Wages: $26.00/HR
- Preference may be given to an applicant with a Bachelor of Social Work degree or degree in the social sciences or at least a 2-year diploma in human services
- Must have a minimum of one year related experience. A combined education and related experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of MCFD guidelines and policies & Integrated Case management are an asset
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and written are required
- Ability to work independently with initiative and self-direction
- Excellent knowledge of community agencies and the roles each plays in the community
- Must consent to a criminal record check
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation; ability to insure vehicle for passenger insurance.
- Preference will be given to a qualified Aboriginal person
Closing Date: 4:30 pm – Wednesday, June 10, 2020
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $26.00 /hour
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)