Pickering Casino Resort is seeking Part-time Baristas!
Don’t miss the opportunity to join One Toronto Gaming’s Pickering Casino Resort's Food and Beverage team!
This exciting career opportunity is seeking dynamic individuals with a drive to succeed, strong guest relations; responsibilities of this role will align with the position of Barista. Under the direction of the Food and Beverage Supervisor, management team and in compliance with Starbucks service & product standards, this position is responsible for preparing and serving quality coffee and other drinks to guests with an upbeat and positive attitude. Above all, this position must lead by example to create Great Experiences and Memories for all guests and colleagues!
The ideal candidate is an energetic professional with proven knowledge, skills and abilities, executing the following in support of the company’s vision, mission and values:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers in an upbeat, positive and professional manner;
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of all food and beverage menu items available at Starbucks
- Process all cash and credit card transactions utilizing the P.O.S. system;
- Take guest orders and make recommendations by explaining how menu items are prepared;
- Ensure accurate cash handling and balancing of sales and/or cash float at the end of the shift;
- Identify opportunities to upgrade products and maximize upselling opportunities to increase revenue;
- Attend cash and serve guests in a timely and professional manner;
- Clean tables and customer seating area to ensure cleanliness at Starbucks;
- Welcome and greet guests; answer general inquiries relating to food, beverages and other restaurants on the premise;
- Maintain clean service areas, inventory and stocks shelves as required;
- Report any irregular/suspicious activities, malfunctions and hazards to the supervisor immediately;
- Assist other co-workers as requested;
- Understand and follow opening and closing cashier duties;
- Regular cleaning and sanitization of food preparation areas, counters, refrigerators, and other equipment in the work area;
- Perform preventive maintenance and cleaning of food and beverage equipment as required;
- Adhere to all AGCO, GCGC, departmental and HR policies as they relate to functions of the role;
- Ensure compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Supervisory & Management Team
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with cash handling and operating a P.O.S System;
- Six (6) months of experience in preparing/serving hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, etc.
- Valid Smart Serve Certificate required;
- Ability to lift 35 lbs;
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, customer service and communication skills;
- Must be people-focused and demonstrate a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service;
- Proactive and solution oriented with a drive to succeed;
- Demonstrate strong initiative, active listening and teamwork skills;
- Maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees and management as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Pickering Casino Resort candidates must be ready and willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights. The hours of work will be based on operational needs. Ready to embark on your next adventure?
How to attend
- Location: Pickering Casino Resort - 888 Durham Live Ave Pickering, ON L1W 0C1
- Arrival Instructions: Enter through the driveway on Church Street. As you drive into the site make a right and follow the signage to the guest parking garage around the back. From the parking garage, proceed to the back entrance and head towards the Starbucks. I will meet you there at your scheduled time.
What to prepare
Preferred dress code
Business casual (dress pants/skirt, button down/blouse, optional tie)
About Pickering Casino Resort & Casino Ajax
WHEN YOU JOIN OUR TEAM, YOU’LL GET MORE THAN A JOB. YOU’LL GET A CAREER.
We are a diverse team, consisting of members of various cultural, linguistic and socio-economic backgrounds. Our growing facility currently has a combined total of over 2,200 slot machines and more than 90 live tables games & 52 gaming terminals.
Our mission is to provide our customers the best guest experience possible, every day. To do that, we depend on a large team of talented, ambitious people who share our passion for excellence 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days per year!
Perks and benefits
What is a hiring event?
Think of it like a job fair, but for one company and more personal. Hiring events are a great way for employers to fill multiple roles quickly. Hiring is a human process, and they would like to meet you to see if you’re a fit!