Talize is a growing thrift retailer seeking an advanced Database Developer. The ideal candidate will support insights driven from analyzing consumer and retail information and will develop actionable insights from a variety of different data sources, including enterprise datasets, and industry standard datasets. As a Database Developer, you will work on end-to-end data processes, including database structuring, ETL, validation, maintenance, and analysis for massive raw datasets to provide internal departments strategic insights into pricing optimization, forecasting models and to support inhouse software solutions, leveraging tools like MS SQL, OLAP Cubes, SSIS packages, Excel, Python or R.
- Designs and implements the architecture, tools, and processes needed to provide the “single source of truth” to support data-driven decision making, and self-service.
- Plans, coordinates and administers matters related to all MS SQL Server production databases, including base definition, structures, documentation, upgrades, long-range requirements and capacity planning, operational guidelines and protection.
- Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management
- Collaborates with internal customers and data analysts
- Provides underlying data support for business metrics.
- Create source-to-target mapping specifications for ETL development.
- Writes complex ETL scripts to consume new data into the data warehouse.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances OLAP cubes & Tabular models.
- Ensures security and integrity for all SQL data repositories.
- Identifies risks and opportunities across the business and drive solutions.
- Must be able to resolve a wide range of issues in creative as well as practical ways.
- Will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable and intangible factors.
- Must demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- 5+ years of Hands-on experience in writing complex T-SQL and database performance tuning. (Advanced Level – Must Have)
- 5+ years of experience in DB backup and security planning, DB engine performance tuning and SQL Agent job configuration; Must be familiar with system objects in MSDB and master (Advanced Level – Must Have)
- 2+ years of experience working with PowerShell to handle common SQL Server database maintenance tasks (Intermediate Level – Nice to Have)
- 5+ years of experience utilizing Python to implement ETL workflows (Advanced Level – Must Have)
- 5+ years of experience utilizing Panda as the main data transformation engine (Advanced Level – Must Have)
- 5+ years of experience creating and maintain SSID packages and able to implement both types of SCD’s and utilize script task and script components when required. (Intermediate Level – Nice to Have)
- 5+ years of experience of convert complex business models into effective star schema and implement in SQL server databases (Advanced Level – Must Have)
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, design, and building of dynamic analytics pipelines based on SSAS Tabular Models (Advanced Level – Must Have)
- 5+ years of experience in write complex DAX queries as measures in tabular models (Advanced Level – Must Have)
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing SSAS multidimensional models based on the relational data warehouse (Intermediate Level – Nice to Have)
- 2+ years of experience in writing complex MDX queries especially as calculated measures and sets at the cube level (Intermediate Level – Nice to Have)
- Master’s Degree (preferred) or Diploma in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics