The Project Controls Analyst will be responsible for assessing multiple budgets/estimates, including change management, and ensuring alignment between them and the integrated ERP. They will be responsible for setting up the WBS, CBS and cost codes for various projects, as well as identify potential cost risks throughout the project life cycle. Additionally, the position will require a strong technical background and a solid understanding of financial software, as the individual will be expected to assist in streamlining project reporting requirements using various tools. The individual will be working directly with project schedulers and will be required to have a thorough understanding of scheduling tools to assist with the development and maintenance of project schedules. On smaller projects, the successful candidate must be able to manage all schedule and cost control functions.
Key Areas of Responsibility
· Manage multiple project schedules (with ability to develop schedules to assist with bids)
· Analyze, assess and document project technical requirements (i.e. system interfaces between client and internal billing systems, new report requests, etc.)
· Develop and maintain analytical and cost tracking tools using Excel
· Validate all financial records associated with assigned projects
· Analyze project cost overruns and present to management in a comprehensive, complete and timely fashion
· Creation of project reports, which included (but not limited to); highlighting cost variances between estimates and actual costs
· Setup of projects in accounting software, ensuring accuracy of information between multiple inputs (i.e. bid, issued for construction estimates, financial report requirements, etc.)
· Coordinate and manage all project change related requests
· Review contractual terms and financial transactions and ensure invoicing is complete, accurate and aligned to contractual terms, including review of methods-of-measurement to ensure quantities are accurately accounted for.
· Support forecasting of project including ensuring alignment with schedule, approved and pending change requests and to date progress and performance
· Support offsite change management (mostly for major COR’s)
· Provide general overflow support to onsite project management team.
· Relevant post-secondary training (degree and/or diploma) or equivalent experience
· 5 years industrial construction experience
· 5 years’ experience in project controls with focus on cost analysis
· Understanding of engineering drawings (especially piping).
· Understanding of unit price contracts including methods-of-measurement
· Understand of accounting principles
· Excellent analytical and computer skills including Excel and financial and LEMS systems.
· Knowledge of Vista Viewpoint or Digital Time Capture would be considered an asset.
· CPA, PENG, CCP or PMP designations considered an asset.
· Advanced ability to operate MS Office products, primarily Excel
· Advanced ability to operate Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Projects
· Strong operational understanding of financial software applications and integrated ERP
· 5+ years industry experience
· Strong understanding of project life cycle for projects related to the Oil and Gas industry
· Good communication skills and interpersonal skills at all levels, both internally and externally
· Good negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
· Excellent commercial awareness and deep business understanding
· Very strong problem solving and organizational skills and proven ability to prioritize responsibilities and processes
· Ability to coordinate and manage multiple improvement initiatives at once
· Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest and application. Only selected candidates will be contacted. All resumes will be kept on file for future consideration
Job Type: Full-time