The Alberni-Clayoquot Continuing Care Society is an independent, non-profit organization operating two long-term care Homes (First Park Village & Echo Village) in Port Alberni. We are currently accepting applications for a Relief Scheduling Clerk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Allocates and calls in relief staff, and performs related clerical functions.
- Receives requests for relief coverage and makes any necessary calculations to determine availability of existing staff according to established guidelines.
- Allocates and calls in relief staff to fill vacancies resulting from unfilled positions, vacations, leaves of absence and sick leaves in accordance with applicable collective agreements; distributes staff schedules.
- Receives and processes requests such as vacation, leaves of absence and terminations by preparing appropriate documentation, making necessary calculations such as seniority and vacation entitlements and forwarding to appropriate authority for approval.
- Maintains timekeeping records for staff and submits to payroll; liases with payroll re employee inquiries and makes adjustments as required; answers employee enquiries regarding interpretation of collective agreements such as vacation accumulation, levelling and pay policies.
- Maintains records on relief staff such as names, addresses, phone numbers, availability for work, suitable work area and hours worked.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Grade 12 plus three years recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
An application for employment and proof of qualifications should be submitted to:
Human Resources Department
c/o Echo Village
4200 - 10th Avenue
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 4X3
Or apply on-line at:
Job Type: Full-time