Job ID #347461
Part-time Project Manager
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a Part-time Project Manager for a 12-month contract position working remotely from home.
Part-time Project Manager Description
The incumbent will manage the non-technical aspects of planning and executing the implementation of the university’s new digital system for research information management system for tracking research data—Elsevier’s Pure. The incumbent will use an agile project management approach and processes to ensure that Pure is implemented on-time, on-budget, and in a way that meets stakeholder needs. The incumbent will work closely with various academic and business units across the university, but most commonly with members of the IT team and the Research Office, as well as project partners at Elsevier and unit leaders with the faculties.
Part-time Project Manager Responsibilities
- Work, and regularly communicate, with project sponsors, prospective Pure end users, and those engaged in the technical implementation of Pure.
- Ensure active participation of prospective Pure end users throughout the implementation process, at appropriate stages and in appropriate ways. In the process, ensure prospective Pure end user requirements and desirables (with regard to Pure) are well understood, documented, and incorporated in the implementation where appropriate.
- Identify requirements and desirables from stakeholders using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, or task and workflow analyses to develop detailed specification and process requirements to meet business needs.
- Perform advanced levels of analysis, problem solving, and research to formulate solutions to complex business needs.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they can best utilize Pure as a research information management system.
- Work closely with testing team members and review test cases to ensure that the test cases adequately define the business processes.
- Manage project risk through regular quality assurance and risk reviews; Advise relevant parties of risk profiles and collaboratively develop risk mitigation plans.
- Track and ensure issues and action items are addressed in a timely manner with an eye on the critical path and interdependencies.
- Engage in relevant aspects of the Pure Academy training.
- Develop and maintain project records to enable effective and informed decision making.? Ensure all program-related documents and assets are complete, kept up to date, securely stored, and are readily accessible to those with appropriate access requirements.
- Attend project meetings, which may include recurring meetings (e.g. weekly meetings).
Part-time Project Manager Mandatory Skills
- Degree, plus experience in project management (including end-to-end project management and provision of authoritative, expert advice and client services at a high level)
- Experience with Research Information Management Systems, research data, and in using research analytics and metrics for benchmarking research activities both nationally and internationally
- Planning and organizational skills, with experience establishing priorities, allocating resources and meeting deadlines in a large, complex organization
- Effective team player with proven relationship management and consulting skills, including the ability to interact, influence and negotiate with a variety of customers and stakeholders
- Analytical, critical thinking, creative, and conceptual skills including demonstrated ability to quickly assimilate new concepts and information and deliver positive, innovative solutions
- Effective Interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills with the ability to provide authoritative advice and effectively communicate and present complex information; Be able to communicate effectively and with a high level of diplomacy to justify project decisions and retain the active support of all stakeholders
- Advanced computer literacy, particularly with current business management software packages and their various application capabilities; High level of digital literacy, including competency with Office365, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to extract, assess, or articulate business requirements to and from a broad range of technical or non-technical stakeholders.
- Positive can-do attitude with the proven ability to lead change and deliver business benefits through use of technology and process improvement.
Part-time Project Manager Assignment Length
12 months with strong chance for extension
Part-time Project Manager Location
Remote but must work MDT hours
Part-time Project Manager Start Date