Our company is expanding and we are seeking a Project Estimator. We are based in Burnaby and we specialise in Countertops, Tile, Hardwood, Laminate and Carpet flooring.
- Review project drawings and specifications to determine scope of work.
- Detailed project estimating, including material take-offs and specification reviews with management and sales team.
- Tender/bid review and subsequent reporting to analyze results.
- Ongoing project management to administer changes in the scope of work and cost to complete.
- Prepare preliminary project budgets for ongoing tracking before/during/after completion.
- Receiving works from project managers, as well as executing project development, delivery and close out.
- Updating project managers on scope, cost, schedule, and quality for all assigned projects.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and providing solutions to issues in a timely manner in order to meet project schedules.
- Attending meetings with developers.
- Understanding plans and specifications, contract terms and conditions and overseeing design and construction performance.
- Reviewing design and construction schedules
- Be able to use estimating software, such as Planswift or Bluebeam.
- Able to do complete take-off with Bluebeam or similar software.
- 2-3 years experience in construction project estimation preferably flooring and countertops.
- Graduated from BCIT/ recognized college.
- Construction estimator experience (experience with interpreting design and technical drawings) is preferred.
- Computer literacy is a must - be able to Microsoft Office such as word, excel and etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A highly organized and detail-oriented approach to estimating and tendering.
- Ability to prepare detailed budgets relating to tenders and ongoing projects.
- Experience in construction tender closings and bid submission.
- A full understanding of flooring materials/components is required.
- Exceptional ability to maintain schedules and meet established deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new programs and software.
Full Benefit Insurance Package, including medical and dental after 3 months probation period. Salary will commensurate with experience.This is a very exciting opportunity for you to showcase your skills and work with different people.
Please do NOT apply if you are neither a permanent resident nor a citizen, it will be automatically rejected. New immigrants are encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter for immediate consideration.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)