At Niche Bakers we are passionate about baking and giving our customers desserts, snacks and confectionary sweet goods. With over 27 years in the baking industry, Niche Bakers is a respected leader in the creative design and development of sweet goods. We are committed to continuous innovative ideas that to meet the ever-changing demands of our customers. Our talented, dynamic, innovative people have supported us on this success journey, every step of the way. Join our dedicated, hard-working team, come grow with us!
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated, career-focused Night Shift Sanitation Supervisor, with a passion for the bakery food industry, to support our growing business. Reporting directly to our Senior Sanitation Supervisor the Night Shift Sanitation will take ownership and full management and control of sanitation responsibilities to support the daily production schedules.
The "Recipe" - Job Essentials
The role of the Night Shift Sanitation Supervisor is to maintain the first-in-class cleanliness standard throughout the plant, ensure that production lines are clean and sanitized on time in accordance to the Company’s food safety protocol and programs. The Supervisor is responsible to deliver training, coaching, and motivate their sanitation teams.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Prepare and maintain the Master Sanitation Schedule
· Develop new, relevant Standard Sanitation Operating Procedure and update existing ones as necessary.
· Monitor and schedule sanitation cleaning per the Master Sanitation Schedule.
· Monitor and manage cleaning requirements dependent on the production schedule (ie. Allergen cleaning, regular cleaning).
· Review and update the sanitation program to meet the SQF, Customer and Regulatory requirements.
· Monitor the Pest Control for the facility and make updates as necessary to maintain a pest free environment.
· Manage the chemical requirements for cleaning and required tools and equipment.
· Coordinate grease trap cleaning.
· Control and coordinate waste compactor pick up scheduling.
· Manage uniform program (Including ordering new and cancelling as needed).
· Manage costs of chemicals, tools, equipment to agreed upon levels with management.
· Understand the requirements and hold personnel accountable to food safety
· Ensure that all sanitation personnel are fully trained on the handling of chemicals, safety of the equipment they are instructed to clean and use for cleaning.
· Develop, manage, train all sanitation personnel.
· Control and coordinate all sanitation supplies, ordering on time and maintaining inventory at the agreed upon levels.
"Secret Ingredients" - Success Factors 'You' bring to the position.
- Minimum of 3 years of food industry, food safety sanitation experience.
- You are an experienced, Supervisor with experienced gained from industrial food or l bakery experience, seeking for an opportunity to further your career development, knowledge, and skills.
- You are a results-oriented, critical thinker.
- Your have proven yourself to thrive in a fast-pace, high-volume (food) production environment, while consistently delivering innovative, creative problem-solving or continuous improvement solutions.
- You are a self-directed professional.
- You hold a strong customer-service orientation.
- You hold yourself accountable, take pride in your work, and successfully manage competing priorities and business relationships with a high standard of professionalism and integrity, while taking pride in your work.
What you can expect from us.
- The opportunity to join our talented, dynamic, diverse and inclusive teams.
- You will have the opportunity to use your current experience, knowledge and skill and grow with us.
- Our supportive team will offer encouragement during your professional growth and development.
- You will have opportunities that are meaningful and impactful within the scope of your work assignments.
Niche Bakers Corp. embraces diversity in the workplace and is committed to achieving employment equity. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain exceptionally talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We ensure that our recruitment practices are supportive of this commitment and do not infringe on any characteristics protected by law.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Niche Bakers Corp. will provide accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- Post secondary education (preferred).
- Bakery food industry: 5 years (preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$62,000.00 per year
- food sanitation: 3 years (required)
- food safety: 3 years (required)
- supervisory: 3 years (required)