Emcon Services Inc. is a proud Canadian based company with over 30 years of success as an interprovincial Road and Bridge Maintenance Contractor. We currently have an opportunity for enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the 401/10 area.
- Are an experienced safety conscious Operator?
- You have highway maintenance experience?
If you answered yes, we want you to join our team!
Reporting to the Bridge Crew Foreman, the Bridge Crew Worker is responsible for:
- Carrying out all assigned routine/non-routine bridge emergency services within the AMC under the direction of the Bridge Crew Foreman;
- Performing maintenance operations at the site of any structure emergency which can include site traffic control, repairs to bridge expansion/construction joints, bridge railings, concrete parapet walls, bridge pavement repairs embankment repairs, etc…;
- During the winter season carry out all assigned routine/non-routine Hwy maintenance operations/activities undertaken by the Hwy 401/10 Patrol Centre;
- Carrying out maintenance operations during the summer and winter seasons such as traffic control, emergency responses, highway surface maintenance, right-of-way maintenance (fence repair, litter pick-up, grass cutting, shrub/tree maintenance, embankment repairs, etc…), highway patrolling, shoulder maintenance/grading, plowing, salting/sanding, drainage maintenance etc…;
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum DZ license in good standing, AZ license considered an asset;
- Experience in Provincial and or Municipal highway maintenance field;
- Helpful, friendly and courteous with the public, regulatory agencies and peers;
- Punctual and willing to work shift work, be On-Call, and overtime when necessary;
- Physically able to meet all requirements and perform satisfactorily all highway maintenance and emergency assignments.
The Bridge Crew Worker position is a unionized role with IUOE Local 793.
Emcon Services has the following conditions of employment: satisfactory drug pre-screening and Driver’s Abstract.
Emcon Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Emcon Services Inc. will provide accommodation for individuals with accessibility needs.
Job Type: Full-time