The Summer Camp Supervisor will work in tandem with the Program Director to deliver successful expressive arts camp programming. Through facilitation and leading activities, the Summer Camp Supervisor will be responsible for leading daily camp activities and ensuring organization and safety for program participants.
- Supervise and manage a group of campers in Art With A Heart Inc.'s Summer Camps with responsibilities including program planning, program delivery and administration.
- Coaches and mentor any junior counsellors and volunteers.
- Through effective leadership and programming, enable children and youth to develop skills, make friends, socialize and build self-esteem.
- Be accountable for the well-being of a group of campers under the guidance of the Program Director.
- Ensure camp activities are safe, inclusive and high quality.
- Facilitate daily camp activities such as games, art-making, movement, crafts, walks to local park and special events.
- Help to ensure programming is adapted to camper needs with regards to safety, hygiene, weather, breaks in addition to any other needs.
- Closely monitor camper conduct.
- Keep attendance records and promptly reports absences to the Program Director. This includes knowing the location of each camper at all times during camp operation.
- Develop and writes lesson plans in conjunction with the Program Director.
- Participate in the delivery of the before and aftercare program (if one is required).
- Prioritize child well-being, safety and protection throughout the camp.
- confidence and ability to make decisions independently of peers and in the best interests of the campers.
- Organize and assist with set-up and clean-up of camp events, activities and programs. Follows Art With A Heart Inc. policies and procedures in program activities.
- Maintain positive, constructive relationships with camp staff and volunteers with the goal of meeting camper needs.
- Evaluate situations for potential risks to the safety, protection and well-being of campers and staff, proactively taking mitigating actions to address such risks.
- Resolve problems and conflicts effectively as they arise. Ensure all participants are aware of upcoming events and schedule changes.
- Proven creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and effective leadership abilities.
- Excellent Customer Service delivery.
- Post-Secondary Education related to Social Sciences and Humanities is preferred, however other education and relevant work experiences with will be considered.
- Experience working with children, preferably in a camp setting.
- Must have current First Aid and CPR certification.
- G-Class Driver’s license with a minimum $1,000,000 liability policy is considered an asset.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
The Government of Canada funded job through the Canada Summer Jobs program. You must be aged between 15 and 30 and be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
Contract length: 4 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Camp supervision / Leadership role: 1 year (Preferred)