Student Research Assistant
27 January 2019
Temporary - Full Time
Midhurst, ON L9X 1N6 CA (Primary)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Research Assistant will provide assistance in the Social and Community Services Division by supporting research activities through administrative duties. Activities will include assistance with research projects in the Children and Community Services, Social Housing and Ontario Works Departments.
- Must be a registered full-time post-secondary student during the preceding academic year and be returning to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- Enrolled in a Research Assistant Program or a related field.
- Experience in data collection methods, data base management, survey development, data analysis, research, statistical analysis, and evaluation.
- Must have completed a recent criminal reference check
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Driver’s License with access to a vehicle.
- Possess excellent people skills.
- Computer literate. Proficiency in MS Word and Excel will be considered an asset.
- Experience with general office practices.
May - August 2019
$16.00 - $16.00
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.