Nippon Express is a global leader in the freight forwarding industry. With offices stretching from Vancouver to Montreal, we provide a wide variety of services including Air and Ocean freight forwarding, Warehousing and Distribution, Customs Brokerage and much more. Our global presence allows us to be one of the largest transportation providers in the world and our reputation has made us a leader in the industry. For more information, please visit our corporate website at http://www.nipponexpress.com
We are currently looking for a permanent full-time Warehouse Assistant Manager to join our warehouse team in Richmond, BC.
The Assistant Manager is a key member of the department who is responsible for assisting the Warehouse/Branch Manager in the business unit’s success in contributing to the achievement of company goals, objectives. This individual plays an important role in expanding business & maintaining the smooth and efficient operations of the warehouse/distribution including the supervision, training and coaching of department personnel. This position overseas all CFS operations. This position reports to the Sr. Warehouse Manager, but may also report to the Branch Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning and coordinating of different aspects of the revenue/sales activity & operating area of Warehouse/Distribution
- Ensure that daily operations run smoothly and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Provide supervision to the reception, handling, distribution and storage of all freight, product and supplies that come in and out of the Warehouse/CFS area. Including import and export freight related to our air and ocean operations.
- Maintain open lines of communication between management, staff, and customers in a respectful, effective and professional manner
- Ensure that vendors and suppliers are properly compensated and continue to meet the needs of the company
- Communicate directly with clients, on needs and concerns
- Oversee a team of warehouse employees, including delegating, training, coaching, planning, and evaluating staff
- Responsible for the hiring and or assisting in the hiring of suitable team members
- Instruct Warehouse/Distribution staff to ensure all production orders are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules
- Instruct CFS staff to ensure all related documentation is maintained in accordance with CBSA requirements and released shipments are shipped to customers in a timely manner in adherence to delivery and pick up schedules.
- Assist maintenance of strict control over inventory levels and ensure that all transactions are properly documented in accordance with company SOPs
- Assist in the enforcement of corporate policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe working environment
- Practice and enforce safe warehouse procedures, identify potential hazards, and recommend improvements where necessary
- Report any work-related injuries or accidents to management
- Maintain warehouse in a neat, orderly and efficient fashion
- Tracing Cargo, dealing with company and customer carriers
- Various other duties as may be required
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Direct working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and transportation management, including knowledge of CFS (container freight station)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good leadership skills with the ability to motivate the team
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Good networking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to interpret and act upon complex instructions
- Solid project management skills are essential
- Ability to physically handle items of variable weight
- Ability to safely operate a fork-lift or other cargo moving machinery
- A solid understanding of handling ocean import / export containers
Nippon Express Canada thanks all applicants for their interests, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nippon Express is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity please advise us if you require accommodation
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- forklift operational: 1 year (Preferred)
- warehouse management: 1 year (Preferred)
- forklift certification in counter balance and reach truck (Preferred)