Job Family Broadcast Engineering
Primary Location Montreal
Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French)
Language Skill Level (Reading) B
Language Skill Level (Writing) B
Language Skill Level (Speaking) B
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
Created in 2015 to align, lighten and modernize infrastructure, the Technology & Infrastructures (T&I) team is the backbone and the future forward arm of CBC/Radio-Canada. We are the people that make stuff work. We make connections; between media content, systems, people and places. We are the space in between.
A place with purpose. CBC/Radio-Canada has always been a highly regarded pioneer of media technology. Not just in Canada, but around the world. Today, we’re transforming ourselves from conventional radio and television broadcaster into a modern digital media company. Technology is the driving force and we are the team making it happen.
As Analyst, Data Reporting, Energy Management, you will play a key support role in energy administration and management for CBC/Radio-Canada’s over 500 transmission sites across the country.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Transmission, you will be responsible for developing, structuring, testing and analyzing complex reports dealing with energy costs and consumption. You will support your manager by performing a range of administrative and office tasks, such as paying bills, invoicing clients, preparing budget forecasts and maintaining databases, documents and procedures related to energy management.
You will establish and maintain good working relationships with all Corporation components as well as with other internal/external business partners (clients and suppliers).
You will also be required to:
- Develop complex, specialized reports using the business intelligence tools available to you. Talk to selected external vendors to establish needs in the various systems.
- Fulfil requests for detailed analysis of energy costs and consumption by transmission site and energy provider.
- Continuously improve the various databases by updating them to reflect the department’s and organization’s evolving needs. Conceive and develop management tools to measure, monitor and project energy costs and consumption.
- Review invoices or other expenditures to resolve any problems that arise with payments or expense allocations, by contacting users or suppliers; authorize payments within your delegated authority.
- Recommend collection alternatives based on current practices.
- Monitor changes in contracts, estimates and the market; provide commentary on performance and services rendered; and identify trends in order to report, at any time or for any period, the Corporation’s progress in implementing energy management strategies (by identifying gaps or alternatives, producing projections, advising managers, etc.).
- Co-ordinate project execution, ensuring conformity, quality and delivery within deadlines. Discuss problems with stakeholders, recommend alternatives and report on progress or changes made to projects
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree or equivalent
- Two (2) years’ experience performing similar or related duties
- Experience in database creation and management
- Experience in a transmission or similar environment an asset
- Functional bilingualism (English and French), spoken and written
- Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Ability to demonstrate independence, thoroughness, initiative and creativity in recommending solutions
- Strong organizational skills (multitasking)
- Advanced knowledge of Google Workplace, MS Office and SAP
- Knowledge of Livelink, iNAC, Power BI and Maintenance Connection an asset
Selected candidates will be tested as follows:
All employees of CBC/Radio-Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of December 1st 2021 unless exempted based on a medical/religious ground. As per this requirement, employees must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to all employees. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify if you meet the conditions of employment, you will be asked to provide an attestation confirming your COVID-19 vaccination status.
Due to the pandemic this position is temporarily a full-time teleworking position.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Job Posting Date Dec 22, 2021, 8:06:22 AM
Unposting Date Jan 5, 2022, 10:59:00 PM