SSP Canada has partnered with the Toronto Pearson International Airport and together we are seeking Assistant Restaurant General Managers for the Tim Horton's at the airport. As Assistant Manager you function in a leadership role as a member of the restaurant management team to plan, direct, and coordinate the operations of the restaurant. You will ensure the team adheres to the company’s operational standards and drive financial success of the restaurant; while embracing our culture, serving impeccable food and beverages to the traveling guests and creating the perfect guest and team member experience; while maintaining a sanitary, safe, & spotless restaurant while adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Manages all areas of the operations during scheduled shifts
- Possesses a strong understanding of all restaurant systems and operations
- 100% interaction with the guest, ensuring that the guests’ needs are our main focus while enforcing standards for individual performance
- Provides direction, coaching and feedback for all team members
- Writes weekly schedules
- Coordinates training and ongoing development of team members
- Ensures proper staffing levels by recruiting, interviewing and hiring talented team members
- Communicates with the rest of the management team
- Acts as support system for all areas of the restaurant
- Maintains spotlessly clean and safe restaurant at all times
- Ensures highest quality levels of products and hospitality
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 2+ years’ experience managing foodservice or restaurant operations;
- 1+ years' experience managing in a coffee shop/cafe setting
- Franchise or branded casual restaurant management experience highly desirable.
- Experience with BOH operations highly desirable
- Experience maintaining brand standards for partner brand or franchisee desirable
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite applications including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and be able to interface effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to effectively influence through knowledge, relationship management, and trust.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, exercising good judgment. Ability to handle conflict and resolve uncomfortable situations with clients, customers, peers and direct reports.
- Effective organizational maturity to prioritize daily, weekly, monthly and yearly activities.
- Union experience a plus
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background and or drug screening
Job Type: Full-time