Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) represents the Canadian accounting profession, both nationally and internationally. Operating in the highly complex and global accounting eco-system, CPA Canada is a convener, facilitator, contributor and disseminator of information that advances the profession. The organization works closely with the provincial, territorial and Bermudan CPA bodies to champion best practices that benefit business and society. With more than 217,000 members, CPA Canada is one of the largest national accounting bodies in the world. The organization supports the setting of accounting, auditing and assurance standards, advocates for economic and social development in the public interest, and develops leading-edge thought leadership, research, guidance and educational programs. cpacanada.ca
About the opportunity
As Senior Manager Customer Development, you will be responsible for looking after the sales and revenue generation of all products and services developed by MDS with the goal of meeting and exceeding sales revenues, sales profitability and budgetary objectives. This position is responsible for undertaking strategic planning, managing people, leveraging technology and improving business processes. You will develop existing businesses and develop new ones by cultivating existing customer relationships and building affinity bonds with prospective customers. This position oversees a team of sales representatives, optimize their efforts and advocates for their needs and interests within MDS and across the CPA Canada.
What you’ll do
In this role you will:
- Drive revenue through the generation of new businesses and expansion of existing ones.
- Promote products, services and sponsorship opportunities for MDS products while forging partnerships that will allow to MDS to grow in revenue and profitability.
- Be responsible for the revenue creation process which includes but is not limited to setting up weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual goals
- Lead the creation and maintenance of a healthy customer pipeline
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of a reporting system that:
- Helps the sales organization optimize their efforts and improve their customer pipeline conversion journey
- Help the MDS leadership stay informed of the revenue generation progress, quantifiable threats to meet the revenue objectives and quantifiable business opportunities that can be capitalize including potential additional resources needed
- Anticipate changes in business performance and react quickly to these changes
- Define a sales organization structure that allows its members to perform at their highest.
- Champion structure improvements that will lead to a more effective and efficient organization
- Creates and execute sales strategies that will help an organization achieve its business objectives.
- Participate in strategic planning including positioning, market analysis and forecasting requirements for the Business Development team
- Provide strategic advice and counsel from a product development perspective to leaders across CPA Canada
- Remain current on portfolio updates, new products and services.
- Set commercial intelligence systems to keep the MDS organization aware of market opportunities and threats, as well as competitors’ activities including promotion of existing or new products and services, price changes and new market players.
- Provide leadership to employees in the sales department. Some of the leadership roles include hiring, supervising, developing and mentoring employees in the sales team.
- Develop and implement programs aimed at ensuring sales employee performance.
- Implement employee performance management programs involves participating in corporate succession planning, writing and delivering employee reviews, monitoring employee morale and creating a positive working environment for employees.
- Lead, coach and develop teams that facilitate sales growth and strive for continuous improvement
- Ensure members of the sales team meet set targets, incentivizing and supporting staff through customized/personalized approaches within an approved structure
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, Education, or another related field
- 7-10 years in Sales
- 5 years’ experience using Microsoft Office
- Digital literacy
- Successful sales track record with documented lead development.
- Successful sales track record in new or unchartered territories.
- Self-motivated, dynamic, results-oriented individual.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding time management skills and the ability to set priorities.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with quotas and targets
What it’s like to work here
With a diverse workforce and a commitment to health and wellness for its employees, CPA Canada is a great place to work. The organization offers a flexible and balanced environment that allows individuals to maximize professional and personal development. CPA Canada employs over 400 people, with its headquarters in Toronto and other offices in Burnaby, Ottawa and Montreal. Our technology-enabled culture is designed to attract qualified people and enable them to do their best work. Employee perks include competitive salaries and pension, a comprehensive benefits package, professional development programs, flexible working hours and opportunities to work from home, regular social events and a highly successful employee volunteer program. In addition, CPA Canada is dedicated to continual improvement and building a high-performing, innovative organization that creates value for members and other stakeholders.
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Acting with Integrity • Fostering Excellence • Respecting Others • Working Collaboratively • Being Accountable
CPA Canada is committed to cultivating and inclusive, accessible environment, where each employee feels respected, valued and supported. All qualified individuals may apply online. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, please make a note of this in your application and we’ll be happy to work with you to meet your needs.