Health Care Aide (HCA) – Pediatrics - , NE, NW, St.Albert (Overnight Shifts Only)
10 hour Overnight Shifts
If you strive to make a difference in the lives of children and their families by caring for them with compassion, dignity and respect, CBI Health Group has great opportunities for you as a Health Care Aide (HCA) within our Pediatric Department.
Based out of We Care Home Health Services, a division of CBI Health Group in Edmonton, you will provide quality, patient-centered care to our clients. As a Pediatric Health Care Aide (HCA), you will provide care to children (age 0-17) with complex health care needs.
As a Pediatric Health Care Aide, your responsibilities may include:
- Tracheostomy care and suctioning
- G-tube management
- Medication Administration
- Oxygen & Humidity Therapy
- Providing personal care to children proactively and with compassion
To take on the role of Pediatric Health Care Aide, you must have:
About CBI Health Group:
- Health Care Aide Certificate.
- Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry Number
- Current CPR-Provider certification
- Clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 12 months and Intervention Record Check.
- Completion of 3 day Care of Children with Complex Needs course (provided by employer)
- Evidence of a negative TB test within the last 12 months and an up-to-date Immunization Record.
- Availability to work 10 hour overnight awake visits including every other weekend
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Previous child care experience is an asset.
CBI Health Group is Canada’s largest provider of integrated community healthcare. For over 40 years, we have remained totally committed to improving the health and enriching the lives of Canadians. What sets us apart is our ability to work as a unified network dedicated to the ongoing learning that allows us to foster best practices, improve access to care and create better results for our patients. We organize our teams and services to ensure the right professionals and caregivers provide the right service, at the right time, in the right place. In over 250 facilities, our services are provided by a dedicated team of more than 11,000 administrators, support staff and caregivers that include physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, chiropractors, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, dieticians and behaviour therapists.
The CBI group of companies includes CBI Health Centres, CBI Home Health, We Care Home Health Services, Monarch House, CBI Workplace Solutions, and CBI Assessment Services. Our expanding transitional and residential community care network now numbers more than 60 homes nationwide. At CBI, our people really care and believe that by working together, we can aim higher and make great things happen every day. CBI Health Group is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process.
facebook.com/cbihealthgroup | Twitter: twitter.com/cbihealthgroup | www.cbi.ca