Why join us?
We are currently looking for highly motivated Social Media Specialist to join our team at Upper Canada and Hillcrest Shopping centres. Reporting to Marketing Manager, Upper Canada/Hillcrest, you will be responsible for coordinating the production and publishing of high quality social campaigns branded content across Upper Canada and Hillcrest Shopping centres’ websites and social media channels, including Market & Co food market at Upper Canada. Ensuring our social audience has a seamless and positive user experience by delivering unique and highly engaging content that meets our shopping centres’ brand and business objectives. The Social Media Specialist is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience curating visual and engaging connect with our online community. They are trend spotters with a curious appetite for current social/digital developments and loves to combine creativity and storytelling to engage audiences.
You will be a key member of an engaged, high-reaching shopping centre marketing team as part of a world-class, winning culture that prioritizes people development and focuses on long-term growth. We take great pride in leading the industry by earning respect through every interaction, every day. We go above and beyond to protect and grow relationships by anticipating needs, being honest and considerate and valuing customers as genuine partners.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Develop content calendars to support and drive Upper Canada, Market & Co and Hillcrest Shopping centres’ annual property goals
- Ideate new content that supports Upper Canada and Hillcrest’s brand objectives; including Market & Co’s unique food market audience.
- Manage property content within CMS and liaise with retailers and property marketing teams to achieve annual goals
- Incorporate learnings from analytics data into the development of content.
- Optimize meta-data and on page content based on priority keyword focus.
- Ensure online content supports SEO goals, brand standards, web style guidelines and legal and compliance requirements.
- Execute digital advertising and social media buys and post-media buy analysis
- Omni-channel focused
- Develop online engaging conversations and feedback aligned with brand voice
- Develop initiatives to grow Upper Canada, Market & Co and Hillcrest Shopping centres’ social media presence and community through internal and external influencers programs and campaigns.
- Create compelling copy and curate images and video to support brand in a channel appropriate manner that drives engagement and results.
- Work collaboratively with the national digital and social media team to brainstorm and execute narrative and direction for editorial assets as well as marketing tactics and activations
- Deliver crisis management best practices of monitor, listen and respond
- Produce monthly reporting including; best and worst performing content and analysis, engagement rate, follower growth, website visits, and ROI, competitive analysis
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal, qualitative and quantitative data, driving actionable insights into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Ability to juggle a range of project initiatives, balancing quality and speed
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a related field
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar content management/digital production role
- Strong copy writing skills.
- Ability to view a website as a key part of a customer’s online research & purchasing experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. Design background a plus.
- Working knowledge of website backend and best practices to make updates when needed.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft and Windows.
- Familiarity with using CMS’s for management of customer-facing websites.
- Understanding of SEO principles and content optimization.
- Superior proofreading and copy-editing skills.
- Experience of Google Analytics preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and go above and beyond to meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of the retail industry.
ABOUT OXFORD PROPERTIES GROUP
Oxford Properties Group connects people to exceptional places, and is the owner, developer and manager of some of the world’s best real estate assets. Established in 1960, it manages over C$58 billion of assets across the globe on behalf of its co-owners and investment partners. Oxford’s portfolio encompasses office, retail, industrial, hotels and multifamily residential and spans over 100 million square feet in global gateway cities across four continents. A highly disciplined and thematic investor, Oxford invests in properties, portfolios, development sites, debt, securities and platform opportunities across the risk-reward spectrum. With regional head offices in Toronto, New York, London, Luxembourg, Singapore and Sydney, its long-term approach to real estate investment aligns Oxford’s interests to its customers and the communities in which it operates. Oxford is the global real estate arm of OMERS, the AAA credit rated defined benefit pension plan for Ontario’s municipal employees. For more information on Oxford, visit www.oxfordproperties.com . OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Diversity and Inclusion at OMERS means we respect and value the broadest range of experiences, geographies, gender, ethnicities and perspectives as key elements of our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.