Permanent Employment in Woodbridge - Unionized, excellent hourly wage and benefits; shift premium of 0.45/hr added for afternoon shift.
Do you want to work for one of the most successful and innovative companies in the world?
Are you able to proactively troubleshoot and address issues?
Work Week: Monday to Friday
Training: Morning - 7:30 am to 4:00pm for up to 6 months**
Permanent Afternoons - 4:00 pm to 12:30 am after 6 months**
Responsible for maintaining all building machinery including troubleshooting, repairing, testing and installing electrical and electro-mechanical devices and components.
Complex and visual concentration is crucial. Ongoing communication with Maintenance Manager, department staff, production lead, supervisors and other management personnel.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Respond to all line calls as assigned and as needs arise.
- Debug and troubleshoot electrical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Run conduit and/or initiate new electrical circuits.
- Perform mechanical work.
- Preventative maintenance as well as tearing down and rebuilding machinery/equipment.
- Evaluate and report conditions that may be unsafe or affect efficient operation of machinery, equipment and building systems.
- Operate forklifts, clamp-lifts, genie boom, scissor lifts and other machinery as needed.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, equipment diagrams, complex drawings and manuals.
- The ability to use advanced shop math as well as utilize a wide variety of precision instruments and devices.
- Maintain plant lighting systems.*
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Must possess Electronic Technicians Diploma/Certificate or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of industrial electrical experience.
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge.
- Must possess a wide variety of personal electrical hand tools.
- Forklift, genie boom, scissor lift, confined space certification is required.
- Ability to operate a variety of electrical maintenance tools.
- Proven problem solving skills relating to troubleshooting equipment issues in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be very knowledgeable of the inventory control and purchase order system.
- Ability to effectively work with cross functional teams.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work conditions.
- Demonstrating self-motivation and attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $38.00 to $40.00 /hour
- Industrial Electrical: 3 years (Preferred)
- Electronic Tech Diploma/Certificate (Required)