The Systems Administration team is responsible for the availability and scalability of our 24x7 global SaaS and Cloud environments. This team also manages and maintains the internal QA and Development infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the production platforms based Linux hosted on AWS and on-premise in certain situations.
- Manage non-production environments for development, Testing, and local deployments. Troubleshoot and resolve platform issues before deployment to production.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving internal IT systems.
- Help build and operate systems for a rapidly growing SaaS and Cloud hosting infrastructure.
- Support the development lifecycle of platform design, deployment and debugging.
- Help identify, resolve and prevent existing and future system bottleneck issues and put in the necessary monitoring and fail safe tools
- Help develop installation and deployment scripts.
- Works well in a team environment with a strong customer service focus.
- Ability to successfully complete project tasks as priorities shift.
- Deep knowledge of server and administration tools.
- Working knowledge of metrics and alerts for uptime performance and usage.
- Solid experience with Virtual deployments.
- Network administration including VPN configuration.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts such as routing, gateways, remote connectivity, etc.
- Ability to directly work with peer groups (spread globally), customers and vendors to understand needs and requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communications including documentation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- University degree in IT or related field with 2+ years experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- SQL (or other database) Server configuration, backup and maintenance.
- Proven Cloud infrastructure administration for AWS or other providers in Production environments with GUI or API-based deployment.
- PaaS web and database configuration and deployment.
- Network load balancing
- Proven experience with Systems Automation tools for standardizing server builds.
- Working understanding of source control in a development environment.
- Working understanding of code branching.
- Experience using deployment tools
- Monitoring system configuration
Job Type: Full-time
- system administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)