Nupqu Resource Limited Partnership is a growing business, proudly owned by member communities of the Ktunaxa Nation since 2009. With offices in Cranbrook and Fernie, BC, Nupqu conducts a wide variety of work: providing forestry, environmental, contract administration, first aid and general labour related consulting services to many clients throughout the Ktunaxa Traditional Territory. We are currently seeking highly motivated, organized and responsible individual to join our team in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
The Controller is responsible for the Accounting and Finance functions of the Company, which includes the production of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Company's reported financial results. Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies, procedures and following GAAP and IFRS. This position oversees two accounting technicians and all financial reporting functions of all project managers and HR. This position reports to the General Manager.
These positions will consist of up to full time permanent employment based out of the Cranbrook office The successful candidate should look to have relevant experience and qualifications which align with the roles and responsibilities outlined below.
Pay range: $75,000 to $85,000.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead and overseeing the day to day accounting activity of the company
· Manage and assign duties to accounting department to ensure segregation of duties
· Continually vet and improve of process and systems of data flow to support accuracy
· Follow and manage all POs and ensure processes are followed
· Support and/or approve the costing of projects/bids
· Managing the cashflow needs on weekly/bi-weekly basis as required by GM
· Oversee and support annual budgeting and planning processes
· Control budget vs actual and ensure punctual information that will support the GM
· Administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress, changes and keep senior management team updated of the organization’s financial status
· Support management and maintenance of project management/invoicing software (Billquick)
· Oversee and manage month end procedures and relevant reconciliations
· Support year-end financials and tax filings
· Manage GST/PST filings for all companies and be compliant with the Law
· Review and Oversee all Payrolls
· Assist with the company’s regulatory and compliance filings
· Provide reporting as per current policy and corporate requirements
· Provide monthly financial reporting to General Manager
· Provide recommendations on monthly financial performance to GM
· Provide internal reporting to various departments as required
· A post-secondary degree or diploma majoring in Finance or Accounting
· CPA designation preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Minimum five (5) years accounting experience in a leadership / supervisory position
· Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
· Proficient use of Sage Quantum, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Billquick
· Maintain confidentiality on all matters relating to the affairs of Nupqu
· Strong sense of accountability with the capacity to seek assistance when required in a timely manner
· Superior attention to detail and the ability to prepare accurate, comprehensive, and concise financial reports
· Analyzing information on a consistent basis
· Tracking budget expenses
· Managing processes within the organization
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
· Strong client relations skills with the ability to communicate financial systems and processes clearly
· Excellent reasoning skills with the ability to manage change and solve problems effectively
· Ability to interpret applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations.
· High level of integrity, with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
· Strong organizational skills
· Team player, working closely with Managers and staff in an effective supervisory role, building a team that works together towards the continues success of the company
· Effective communication skills – oral, written & interpersonal
· Background in project management is recommended
The Controller is based out of an office setting. This will require extended periods of sitting and extended periods of computer and office equipment use, which can cause muscle strain. Some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time is also required. After hours may be required in order to attend meetings of the Board, special events, and during specific periods of the accounting cycle.
· Light travel required within Cranbrook and occasionally to other satellite offices
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 25, 2020 8:30am MST
Thank you to all those applicants that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year