Reaction provides engineering, manufacturing, and project installation services to our clients. The services range from estimation and design to field installations and recommendations for a wide range of structures.
We are looking for a competent individual to assist in screw pile installation, helping the other members of the installation team complete the project at hand. The successful candidate must work to ensure a quality product while maintaining the safety of themselves and others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting the equipment operator with installation to ensure piles are installed accurately.
- Ability to analyze blueprints and shop drawings to precisely lay out pile locations.
- Operating forklifts and skid steers to load and unload piles and other materials.
- Operating company vehicles including driving with a loaded trailer.
- Performing pre and post trip inspections and completing safety documentation consistently.
- Completing ongoing preventative maintenance on machines and company vehicles.
- Participation in safety meetings including hazard assessments and toolbox meetings.
- Ability to follow company standards and rules to maintain a safe work environment and provide a quality product.
- Ability to work out of town when required.
- High School Diploma.
- Class 5 Driver's License (no GDL licenses).
- Experience pulling trailers with 1 to 2 ton trucks.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Proficient/fluent in English.
- Located in Edmonton, AB.
- Willing to work out of town and work extended hours when required.
- Ability to use tablets/smartphones and to fill out electronic forms.
- Ability to read and understand shop drawings and dimensions.
- 3 professional references (to be included with resume)
- Driver's abstract
- Must be able to pass Drug and Alcohol test (supplied by Reaction to suitable applicants)
- Physically fit, able to stand and work on feet all day, and able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly throughout the day.
- Experience in piling industry.
- Experience operating equipment, especially skid steer and excavator.
- Experience setting up site layouts and string-lines from shop and/or engineered drawings.
- Clean driver's abstract.
Benefits With Reaction
- Health and Dental Package
- Competitive Wages
- Employee Assistance Plan
Job Type: Full-time
- Skid Steer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Excavator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Screw Piling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5 (NON-GDL) (Required)