A leading provider of rental water heaters, home heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, at Cricket Comfort, we work with new and existing residential markets offering effective and energy efficient products.
Location: 20 Floral Parkway, Concord, ON, Canada.
POSITION: Senior Accountant
STATUS: Full-Time 8:30am - 5:00pm (40 hours per week)
REPORTS TO: Controller, CHCI
In conjunction with the Controller, the Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting as well as preparing the funding submissions and related reporting to lenders for both the Company and sister company (Sunwave Home Comfort Inc.). The Senior Accountant will be involved in the preparation of financial statements, financial reports and analyses for key stakeholders (including the Director, Finance, President, CFO/COO, and Board of Directors, as well as external parties), journal entries, transaction and account reconciliations, GST/HST filings and monthly close and annual audit working papers.
- Preparation of funding submissions and other reporting to Company lenders.
- Preparation of day-to-day journal entries and cash analyses.
- Preparation of account reconciliations and month-end working papers and HST filings.
- Preparation of financial statements and reports in conjunction with the Controller.
- Processing and reconciliation of customer payments.
- Processing and reconciliation of inventory, WIP, and fixed asset transactions.
- Processing and reconciliation of significant vendor transactions and accounts.
- Compilation of monthly reporting to senior management and quarterly reporting to the Board of Directors, including financial and operational key metrics and information.
- Initiate, prepare and provide ad-hoc reporting/analysis and investigation to assist business decision-making as required.
- Assist with year-end audit file preparation and other regulatory audits with external auditors.
- Partner with the Controller in improving processes and systems.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or commerce
- Prefer CPA accounting designation.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position doing similar functions leading up to and including the duties defined in this job description.
- Knowledge and practical experience of full accounting cycle.
- Sound knowledge of and experience in accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and other stakeholders.
- Diligence when maintaining audit trails.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Self-starter with proactive approach and exceptional problem solving skills.
- Strong desire to achieve results; an emphasis on getting important issues resolved and ability to recognize when a situation calls for all hands on deck.
- Attention to detail
For more information on our company, please visit: www.cricketcomfort.com. Please note that only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)