We are recruiting for several AZ Truck Driver to join our team at our Milton location!
Position: _Night Yard Supervisor – AZ Required_
Shift: Night Rotational Schedule including some weekends
Start Time: 10pm, it is 12 to 14 hour shifts (50-55 hours per week)
Payrate: $24.75 to $27.75 / hour, Based on experience
- Will be supervising drivers, shunters and yard staff including identifying need and being involved in
coaching, training, mentoring and delivery of progressive discipline as required
- Will be working with gate keepers/shunters, when scheduled, to ensure a clear understanding of all carrier arrivals and check ins. Ensure carriers are either assigned to a door, a lane in yard or sent off
site as per procedures
- Take corrective action when equipment is not satisfactory. Which includes reporting to equipment supervisor tractors or trailers that need attention.
- Regularly liaise with Sr. Dispatch Manager to report issues or provide solutions on issues with yard,
drivers or equipment.
- Regularly inspection of tractors for cleanliness and taking corrective action when not satisfactory
this may include progressive discipline.
- Working with customer to manage yard requirements, staff and ensure customer needs are met
- Ensure incident/accident procedures are followed and contribute towards identifying route cause
- Support dispatch operations over-night and occasional local driving.
- Must have valid AZ License with a minimum 2 years of verifiable driving experience
- Strong verbal and written English and interpersonal skills and ability to provide strong leadership
- Ability to multi-task while working a fast-paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of equipment to identify and report required repairs to equipment supervisor
- Knowledge and understanding of Canadian and U.S highway, security and safety practices
– CVOR, US DOT FMCSR – CSA2010 and load securement
- Computer skills including, Microsoft office, tablets/smart phones and google sheets
- Knowledge of ELDs – Keep Trucking experience an asset
- Experience both dry & refrigerated trailers and at least 2 years dock and yard experience preferred
- Two years dock & yard experience preferred, with current clear CVOR, Abstract, Criminal Backcheck
Please apply with resume to be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $27.00 /hour
- dock & yard: 2 years (Preferred)
- driving: 2 years (Preferred)