This is a Temporary Contract position for one year with the potential for Permanent.
This role is integral to the efficient organization and function of the Distribution Centre and Retail locations. The Purchasing Clerk is directly responsible for coordinating the movement of purchased materials from suppliers and addressing any supply issues, and also responsible for performing various clerical administrative tasks. The entry of data, report generation and analysis of the data is an ongoing duty. Other tasks include resolving issues pertaining to material defects, invoice discrepancies as well a delivery timelines.
The Purchasing Clerk reports directly to the Purchasing Manager. Their main goal is to assist the Purchasing Manager to coordinate product and materials supplies with the warehouse, store managers and suppliers in order to maintain the appropriate level of inventory agreed with Directors.
A key deliverable of this role is that the Purchasing Clerk will assist the Purchasing Manager to keep accurate records of purchases and inventory in an organized and timely matter.
This role is integral to the growth of Cloré, and the achievement of Cloré’s Vision, by providing exceptional purchasing management assistance.
- Compare invoices against purchase orders and shipping & receiving documents to verify receipt of items ordered
- Receive delivery of ordered supplies and verify shipment contents for accuracy, condition and quantity and take action on any discrepancies
- Maintain Cloré’s standard of professionalism and ethics in all dealing with internal Managers and vendors
- Receive and handle invoices from vendors; verify that the information on invoices is for agreed-upon prices, products, shipment date and shipping method
- Compile data from vendor invoices and supporting documents to verify accuracy of billing data and to ensure receipt of items ordered
- Answer telephone calls, direct calls, take messages or transfer calls to staff
- Show positivity and willingness in all aspects of work and interpersonal skills
- Reporting to department managers for submission of tasks assigned in a timely manner
Competencies and Person Specification
The role of the Purchasing Clerk requires:
- Leadership - a willingness to take responsibility for this important role, with good data management and analytical skills, problem solving and critical thinking skills even under pressure and offer direction and guidance
- Communication – clear communication skills, especially with Head Office Managers
- Time Management – the ability to manage and use one's time effectively or productively
- Team Player – a Team Player at purchasing level and at the Company level
- Drive – a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to motivate others
- Dependability – a high degree of reliability, responsibility, dependability and the ability to fulfill obligations in a timely manner
- Initiative – a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges in a proactive manner
- Self-Assessment – the ability to handle feedback and constructive criticism
- Problem Solving Skills - can solve and make decisions even under pressure
- Interpersonal Skills – ability to interact with others in a positive manner
- Post secondary education required, preferred in Business or Economics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel: VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, etc.)
- Minimum 1 year experience in a wholesale and/or retail environment
- Valid work status in Canada
Thank you to those who apply. Only those who are qualified will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Excel: 5 years (Required)
- Purchasing: 1 year (Preferred)