Medical cannabis markets are rapidly expanding in Canada and around the world. Recreational cannabis is on the horizon. Now is your chance to join the largest, most recognized cannabis producer in the country as we set off to build something amazing, relying on established but ever-evolving brands.
Canopy Growth Corporation ("Canopy Growth") is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC) and part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries, including its flagship Tweed and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Cannabis brand, are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis. With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success and take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration and diversity. Our employees stem from a wide range of professional backgrounds; each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue our incredible momentum of growth.
In this role you will be responsible for correctly performing the requirements needed for each medical marijuana crop in such a way to produce quality plants, on a consistent basis, with minimal losses and as efficiently as possible.
The Propagation Section Grower independently performs all Sections Grower job duties. Directly responsible for the quality of crops in the assigned section. Trains and mentors Production Assistants and directly reports to the Cultivation Manager.
- Follow production schedules and communicate variances to the Cultivation Manager
- Work with Cultivation Manager to ensure production schedule is accurate and realistic, based on status of mother plants
- Coordinate room populations with Cultivation Manager and Section Growers
- Organize propagation according to the production schedule, and planned shipments to other locations
- Communicate with other Canopy locations regarding their clone needs
- Coordinate shipments of clones and plants to and from other locations in conjunction with Production Scheduler
- Document history of mother plants and keep records to map the different strains and phenotypes in production
- Create and track plants in the inventory to ensure accuracy
- Determine irrigation frequency and duration
- Monitor environmental inputs to maximize production and prevent failures
- Determine nutrient selection based on observation and production schedule
- Perform water, nutrient and soil tests
- Schedule pruning and renewal of mother plants to maintain optimal health while also providing clones on schedule
- Supervise pest management protocols as directed by IPM Specialist
- Identify and trouble shoot plant problems
- Manage phenotype selection
- Maintain grow room sanitation protocols
- Schedule regular calibration of nutrient testing instruments
- Schedule preventative maintenance on growing equipment and test instruments
- Plan and monitor daily work activities for Production Assistants
- Train Production Assistants in growing techniques and Standard Operating Procedures
- Keep records for grow journals and Health Canada documentation
- Help develop ways to reduce costs or improve efficiencies in production
- Ensure compliance of company safety procedures
- Ensure cleanliness of facility at all times
- Able to work a variety of different shifts
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Background
- Two years prior experience as a Section Grower or a similar position
- Previous MMAR/ ACMPR experience as asset
- Horticultural degree considered an asset
- Superior communication and leaderships skills
This is a full-time position based out of Scarborough, ON.
The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. All resumes will be maintained in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.