We are Growing our Team!
Selkirk Signs is committed to being an industry leading company that is self-propelled by empowered people, quality craftsmanship and unparalleled customer service. Over the next 10 years, it is our goal to dramatically increase our influence in the Canadian signage market and as part of this planned growth, we are adding to our Sales Team at our Fort Saskatchewan, AB office.
As we build towards our future, we want to hire staff who reflect our core values. We are looking for those who will push for bigger and better opportunities, explore new markets, thrive in a collaborative environment, are energetic, passionate and driven. If you value establishing long-term relationships with customers built on trust, professionalism and service and have a passion for the sign industry, then Selkirk Signs needs someone like you.
For this Account Manager position, we are looking for a positive individual and a natural team player who possesses excellent communication, listening and presentation skills.
As the point of first contact with our customers, you will need to carry yourself professionally, respectfully and encourage confidence in our products, service and ultimately on Selkirk Sign’s ability to deliver on what we promise.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have/be:
- A positive attitude and the ability to be a true team player
- Work experience as a sales representative in the custom illuminated signage industry would be ideal
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Account Manager or similar role
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- An ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience/customer’s needs
- Comfortable generating leads through sales calls, product pitches, presentations and other forms of networking and sales
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills that enable you to follow through on a project from conceptualization to final completion
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills and an ability to create clear and effective sales documentation.
- An ability to solve problems, provide clarification, address concerns, and maintain solid customer relationships throughout the project life cycle
- A driver’s license and a reliable vehicle
- An ability to travel, mainly within the Edmonton area but with a moderate amount of out of town travel expected (north of Edmonton)
- Committed to developing an in-depth knowledge of all products and services currently offered by Selkirk Signs
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Identifying target markets and match them with necessary product and service literature, presentations, marketing collateral, etc.
- Identifying and initiating sales calls/contacts with potential clients
- Developing and maintaining strong business relationships with both external and internal stakeholders
- Collaborating with the Sales Manager to prepare and present sales proposals or prospecting lists and supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Working closely with the internal groups (i.e. Estimating, Project Management, Design, Production, etc.) to meet your sales goals and promises to your clients
- Working together with the internal teams on vetting potential projects for maximum efficiency and pricing strategies.
- Salary: TBD, depending on experience
- Full-time position
- Full benefits after completing probationary period
- Breaks: 1 hr unpaid lunch + two 20 min paid breaks
- Performance Review: semi-annually
If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, please apply to this posting with your resume complete with cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest in our company however, due to the volume of applications received, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
To learn more about Selkirk Signs, check out our website @ www.selkirksigns.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Account Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Sign Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Required)