Front line staff, Full time /Part time
Seasons Retirement Communities, High River
The Company. Seasons Retirement Communities is a growing senior housing company that believes Happy Team Members = Happy Residents. We want our team members to have work-life balance, feel supported on the job and love what they do. We expect a lot from our team members because we believe our residents deserve the very best. If you are prepared to go above and beyond to make a difference, Seasons is the workplace for you.
We hire individuals who are enthusiastic about working with seniors. At Seasons, our team members make a difference in our residents' lives through meaningful connections and creating 'Wow Moments' that matter. We support, encourage and celebrate these efforts because they have a positive impact on residents and team members alike. Simply put, it feels great to make a positive difference in the life of a senior.
The Position. We’re looking for a Cook. Working at the direction of the Dining Services Manager, the cook is responsible for ensuring the exceptional preparation and delivery of the resident and guest dining experience using production checks and standardized recipes.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- We offer complete training to right fit candidates
- Group discounts on home and auto insurance
- Corporate discounts for Goodlife Fitness memberships
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Must be able to operate related equipment
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations
- Must have current Safe Food Handler’s Certification
- Safe Food Handling Certification
- Preparing meals for residents and guests ensuring dietary needs are met
- Ensuring residents are satisfied with the all aspects of food preparation and presentation
- Ordering and receiving food and supplies
- Ordering and preparing food for booked catering events
- Operating and cleaning food production equipment and food preparation areas
- Complying with all food preparation standards and health and safety requirements
- All other duties as assigned or consistent with work routines and job descriptions
The Location. Seasons High River is based in High River, Alberta
About High River. Nestled against the panoramic view of the Rocky Mountains, Seasons High River provides a tranquil environment away from the hustle and bustle of city life. High River is the popular filming location for “Heartland” and the minute you walk through our doors, you experience the hospitality of a caring farming community.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive wages
- Employee rewards and referral programs
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Opportunities for on-the-job training
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to promote high quality care while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for residents, resident families, visitors and staff.
Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills are essential, as is excellence in achieving continuous quality improvements. Related experience within the seniors housing industry is an asset.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.