*Staff Position – Vice President, Administration
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in operations management with an educational background in business administration.
- Understanding of sport management and process implementation
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Person’s Check
- Project Management Certificate or training an asset
- Good knowledge of business operations management
- Experience with forecasting models, databases and project management software
- Excellent interpersonal skills; promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and objectives
- The ability to use a broad range of communication techniques to effectively communicate to varying audiences in a variety of situations
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive, extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Programs and the ability to quickly adapt to new technology and easily acquire new technical skills
EXTENT OF SUPERVISION
- Responsible to the Chief Executive Officer through the Chief Operations Officer
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The Vice President, Administration will ensure that all business functions are in line with strategic goals by planning, directing, tracking and coordinating the activities and operations of the Organization. This includes the development and implementation of policies and procedures focused on delivering a high level of service to internal customers and stakeholders. The area of responsibility includes alignment activities and project management.
- Manage and oversee all day-to-day office administration, membership customer service and ensure professional, proactive responsiveness for internal and external issues, questions and follow up communication.
- Score-carding and alignment activity to support strategic and daily management activities
- Oversight of office operations – ensuring consistency from office to office including policies, practices, processes as well as direct involvement with leasehold improvements as required.
- Process management – identify issues, challenges and opportunities and facilitate/coach others to build more effective and efficient ways of operating
- Process ownership for tracking, oversight and follow-up related to key action items arising from national meetings and cross-functional teams
- Project management
- Responsibility for safety process/protocols within offices including disaster recovery protocol and crisis management
- Liaise with contractors regarding operational day to day items
- Organize and monitor procurement strategies and execution
- Coach entry-mid level leaders throughout the Organization on alignment of best practices and deployment
- Manage contract process for operations
- Manage projects for all operational initiatives
- Assist in the development reporting standards and templates across the organization
- Document management policies, roll-out and maintenance
Human Resources and Insurance
- Manage the administration and processes relating to criminal record checks and the Hockey Canada Insurance Program for injury claims, certificates of insurance and special event sanctions for the BC Hockey Membership.
- Manage the hiring and appointment of all paid and volunteer positions
- Provide administrative support and oversight to all Workgroups, Task Teams and Committees.
- Attend the BC Hockey Annual General Meeting and provide oversight of the member services functions.
- Serve on the Executive Leadership Team and attend meetings as required.
- Supervision of the following paid staff:
- Manager, Administration
- Coordinator, Safety & Risk Management
- Administrative Assistants (5)
- Receptionists (2)
- Manager, Human Resources
- Coordinator, Human Resources
Please submit applications prior to Monday, August 26, 9:00AM. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please submit resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time