We are an established dog services company looking for a private dog visitor/walker to join our team. This would be perfect for someone who is finished with the corporate world, retired or semi-retired, or just a dog lover all around; someone who wants to spend their days in the company of dogs. We are looking for a mature, responsible, dedicated and kind person. This can be a very rewarding job for someone who loves animals, but it isn't always easy. We do offer training and continued support, so that you will be successful in this position.
Our dog visitors/walkers are responsible for meeting puppies, elderly dogs, or special needs dogs – that is, dogs unable to go for group walks – and spending time with them either walking them, playing in the backyard, feeding them or spending time inside, as per the client’s instructions and the dog’s needs. You will be with the dogs one-on-one.
- We are looking for someone who is available daytime hours Monday to Friday.
- You must have your own vehicle or have means to get around the city reliably and efficiently.
- The successful candidate must live in the Toronto/North York area.
- You must have either owned dogs or worked with dogs, and be comfortable with walking dogs of all breeds and sizes.
- You must possess a client-focused attitude and a desire to comply with our clients' wishes/preferences regarding their dogs needs and care. We want people who care about animals AND people.
- You must have a valid driver's license and car insurance and a clean driving record.
- You must have an active cell phone, preferably with access to email and camera. You need to be available to the office for any updates/changes on the fly.
- You must be bondable and able to provide an up-to-date copy of a clean criminal record check (at your expense) and driver's abstract.
- You must be incredibly reliable. You must enjoy (or be able to work through) being outside in the rain, snow, cold and miserable weather. The dogs never take a day off from needing a walk, so we don't either. You will need to be prepared and make sure you have the proper outdoor clothing, etc.
- This is a long term position, so please no temps or students who aren't looking at this as such. We want someone who will really get to know their pack and understand their needs.
- You must be able to work with little supervision, yet take direction from the office well.
- You must have common sense, understand how to create efficient routes based on dogs addresses, and possess good decision making skills.
It's all about the dogs for us and we hope you feel the same way. If you're as serious about dogs as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Apply online at www.thebarkzone.comor email us your resume and cover letter.Only those suitable for the position will be contacted. Thank you!
Job Type: Part-time
- dog care: 2 years (Preferred)
- own vehicle (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Preferred)