As Site Superintendent, you will manage $20M+ projects from a construction and business perspective. You work with a team of Project Managers and Project Coordinators to deliver landmark projects of superior quality.
- Plan the construction program, including temporary construction services, project layout, and equipment requirements. Prepare and issue the site logistics plan;
- Have complete knowledge of all contract drawings and specifications. Maintain a working set of the latest issue construction drawings and specifications;
- Develop, produce and issue the master construction schedule. Regularly review the work plan for the entire project and issue short interval work schedules every week. Monitor and record actual construction progress on the planned master construction schedule;
- Plan the work and optimize field crews in order to achieve and maintain maximum craft productivity and at the lowest possible labour and material costs. Know production rates and unit costs for all direct work. Prepare and submit the weekly labour detail report;
- Coordinate, direct and monitor the activities of all subcontractors. Know the work of the subcontractors as well as they do;
- Initiate and hold weekly foremen and subcontractor coordination meetings. Record and issue meeting notes;
- Maintain tools, and equipment inventory and maintenance systems; and,
- Train and mentor Finishing Superintendents.
- Experience managing projects of $20M+;
- Experience with multi-family residential and/or senior/independent living facilities;
- Commitment to working in a collaborative team environment, and good team-building abilities;
- Superior leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external clients; and,
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Edmonton, Calgary, Kelowna, Winnipeg.
Other Positions Available:
- Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Senior Estimators.
You have the opportunity to be part of the initial core team that is about to grow rapidly in size, number of projects and geographic locations as General Contractor and Construction Manager.
About Shanghai Construction:
Shanghai Construction Group (Canada) Corporation is continuing its expansion in Canada with two divisions, Building Construction and Tunneling. Our sister firm SCG America has been operating in the United States in both Building Construction and Property Development and has constructed over a billion dollars of projects to date. Our mother company Shanghai Construction Group Co. Ltd. has been in operation for over 60 years, with revenues exceeding $10 billion annually.
Shanghai Construction Group is rated by ENR in 2019, to again be in the top 10 Global Contractors in the world.
All applications will be confidentially responded within 5 business days. On this occasion, we request no outside solicitation from recruitment firms.
Job Type: Full-time