Competition Number S18395P
Position Title On-call Department Support Assistant (Advanced)
Position Number S99622
Employee Group Staff
Position Status Temporary Full-Time
Department Centre for International Experience
The on-call departmental support assistant will assist CIE (Centre for International Experience department) – Study Abroad with processing departmental materials: i.e., letters, spreadsheets, data analysis, Social media and other e-marketing tools.
The support assistant is required to have considerable work processing and desktop publishing skills to format departmental requirements; for example student manuals, eLearn, and other marketing materials such as Social Media to promote Study Abroad in the University.
With the assistance of the International Communications Specialist and SAPO the on-call support assistant collaborates with arrangements for the printing and distribution of CIE’s Study Abroad program and organizes and maintains an electronic copy of all materials for future reference.
Location North Vancouver
The on-call Department Support Assistant is responsible for the provision of clerical support to Programs and Departments within the Divisions as required. Under the direction of the Administrator or Administrative Assistant the on-call Department Support Assistant uses a considerable level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software and desktop publishing skills to meet departmental administrative requirements, for example curriculum/instructional materials, copyright standards, contracts and clerical support required. The position requires strong team cooperation, initiative, and demonstrated ability to work independently on tasks and apply effective analytical thinking to solve problems. The on-call Department Support Assistant is aware of the Mission and Values of Capilano University, incorporating and practicing the values in everything they do.
- Assists department/faculty with processing curriculum/instructional/departmental materials: i.e., layout design, graphics, charts, tables, or other formatting techniques.
- Uses considerable word processing and desktop publishing skills to format departmental requirements; for example student manuals, exams, and other curriculum/instructional material.
- Ensures consistency and accuracy in proof reading, editing and data entry, scanning.
- Assists with arrangements for the printing and distribution of all department materials.
- Organizes and maintains an electronic copy of all materials for future reference.
- Provides clerical support to the departments and programs as required, transcribing minutes, meetings, travel arrangements, booking appointments, purchase requisitions as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, and Access.
- Excellent written communication skills with a thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to work independently, display initiative, and apply effective analytical thinking to solve problems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to plan and prioritize tasks, and efficiently meet deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate effective team behaviors, in cooperation, active listening, tact, good judgment, and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of systems for example; Banner and Famis is an asset.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- 2 Year Post-Secondary related education, Office Management, Business Management Diploma.
- Minimum of two years of current related work experience, preferably in a post-secondary environment.
Required Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Posting Detail Information
Internal or External Position External
Interview Date (Week Commencing) 12/16/2019
Appointment Date 12/18/2019
Appointment End Date (if temporary) 02/07/2020
Days and Hours of Work
Our standard work week is Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm. This position may include
Bridge Period (if applicable)
Pay Group 14
$23.08/hour to $25.95/hour
Job Open Date 12/06/2019
Job Close Date 12/12/2019
Open Until Filled No