Create moments of joy that truly matter.
Exuding sleek sophistication and full of Zen-like energy, Shangri-La Vancouver is your urban sanctuary nestled between the mountains and the sea and located within the core of a vibrant metropolis. Occupying 15 floors of the tallest building in Vancouver, the hotel sits at the heart of the city’s most popular downtown areas. With a lustrous balance of tranquil surroundings coupled with inspirational design, Shangri-La Vancouver hosts people to the colourful joys of life. Shangri-La Vancouver has been awarded the Forbes Five-Star designation and the AAA Five Diamond honour; one of only four hotels in Canada to hold both acclaimed ratings.
Inspired by our Asian heritage, we obsess over the guest experience and seek to deliver hospitality from the heart. Our Colleagues are our unique strength. We seek to hire and develop charismatic, dedicated, and passionate individuals to make their dream career, a reality.
Join our world-class team as we pioneer new horizons.
Your Shangri-La awaits!
We are currently searching for an experienced Room Attendant to join our team on a full time basis.
With personal commitment and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality, make the most positive impact on guest experiences throughout all aspects of their stay by ensuring overall cleanliness, detail and care of hotel areas and guest rooms, maximizing the balance between Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clean, organize, restore and restock guest rooms or other areas of the hotel according to established standards
- Requires compliance in the use of cleaning techniques and chemicals used for cleaning
- Restock and account for Minibar items in guest rooms during service
- Ensure guestroom welcome amenities are delivered and replenished when needed as per established policy
- Account for inventory items and supplies used, replenishing as required
- Organize, stock and maintain cleanliness of assigned floor storerooms as well as guest areas
- Report items which require maintenance for immediate and proactive resolution
- Clean rooms following our established safety standards to ensure personal safety and security at all times.
- Report customer service issues or concerns to management in a prompt, proactive manner as appropriate
- Partner with housemen, laundry attendant, housekeeping supervisors and management to ensure rooms are serviced in accordance with guest arrivals and queues.
- Stock housekeeping carts to ensure supplies for the shift are accessible and available for the day, taking care to not overstock the cart.
- Report guest room and equipment defects to management to ensure damage and defects are logged and repaired
- Job may entail standard cleaning of guest rooms, or preparing rooms to turndown standards, dependent on shift
- Undertakes any other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Position is physical in nature and requires regular lifting, bending, reaching, stretching, squatting
- Minimum 2 years previous work experience in a similar capacity is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding for luxury hotel standards of service
- Preference for a candidate with unrestricted availability - up to 40 hours per week could be worked dependent on business levels.
Job Application Process:
SHANGRI-LA VANCOUVER COLLEAGUE PRIVILEGES
…we enable people to live, work, play, eat, and rest well through the environments we create and the memorable experiences we deliver! Our Colleagues have access to the following:
- Adventure to 100+ Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts with Colleague Travel perks
- Experience our renowned food & beverage with a special Colleague Discount
- Pamper yourself with discounted wellness journeys and luxury products from CHI the Spa
- Enjoy exclusive access to discounted theatre, cinema, and retailers through our partner programs!
- Indulge in specialty pricing on luxurious pillowtop beds and linens through our partner programs.
- Connect your event leads or employee referrals to earn special rewards.
- Celebrate with your fellow Colleagues in team recognition events throughout the year.
- Pursue your own ongoing development through courses and learning workshops as part of the Shangri-La Academy.
ABOUT SHANGRI-LA HOTELS AND RESORTS
- Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts has been established in luxury since 1971, with locations in North America, Asia, the Middle East, Europe, Oceania, and Africa.
- Sister brands include Traders Hotels, Kerry Hotels, and JEN Hotels. Further, the Shangri-La Group holds a diverse portfolio of commercial properties, residences, services, and clubs.
- CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, draws inspiration from the origins of the Shangri-La legend, which describes a unique place of personal peace, enchantment, and well-being. This is a luxurious sanctuary where holistic treatments based on time-honoured methods shared by many Asian cultures bring total relaxation and a feeling of well-being.
Shangri-La Vancouver is committed to fostering a workplace that both promotes and places sincere value on diversity and inclusion. We are committed to maintaining a rich tapestry of talent from across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and life experience.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply at http://www.areyoushangri-la.com. Due to the volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates we wish to pursue further.
Shangri-La Vancouver will only consider candidates who currently possess the legal right to work in Canada. Applicants must be Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or be in active possession of an Open Work Permit and valid Social Insurance Number. Shangri-La Vancouver is unable assist international applicants in obtaining the legal right to work.
We thank all applicants for their time and interest in Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts.
Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver invites you to view our property promotional video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1egGt63vMCg