Seeking an enterprising person to help maintain and grow our company. The position will be part-time for 20-25 hours a week with the goal of going full-time with benefits.
Bricks 4 Kidz® is an innovative educational program that utilizes LEGO® bricks and Bricks 4 Kidz® proprietary model plans to teach elementary grade students S.T.E.M. learning. Bricks 4 Kidz® hosts a number of events including, but not limited to, after-school classes, summer & holiday camps, marketing events, workshops and birthday parties. The activities are held throughout Vancouver and Richmond, and some parts of Burnaby and New Westminster.
We are seeking a part-time manager to work with a motivated and busy owner to help manage and grow a thriving business.
The position will be multi-faceted. It will include the following functions and activities:
- Class Instructor for elementary grades throughout the week. Classes are held at schools and community centres in Vancouver and Richmond.
- Party Host for B4K parties on the weekend
- Social media: use Mailchimp to send videos/emails to parents, update Facebook/Instagram on weekly basis (work out of your home).
- Administrative tasks: invoicing, sales receipts, scheduling with community centres and parents, answering calls, etc. (work out of your home).
- Participate at marketing events throughout the territory. Occasionally this will include a few hours on weekends.
- Coordinating schedules and management of a small team of instructors.
- Grow business by securing new business throughout assigned territory. This will include identifying opportunity, and arranging and meeting with decision makers to sell the benefits of our program.
- Be the voice of Bricks 4 Kidz by handling customer inquiries and/or follow up on potential concerns (work phone provided).
- Responsible for inventory management. Organizational skills is a must.
- Update and enhance website
- Curriculum Design/Development
- Handle all other business needs as assigned
The successful candidate should:
- Enjoy working with children
- Have a background in education or experience in instructing or coaching groups of children
- Be knowledgeable in social media, i.e., Facebook, Instagram
- Have an outgoing and positive manner
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask
- Be flexible and easily adapt to different situations
- Have strong organizational and communication skills
- Have dependable transportation
- Be local to the Vancouver / Richmond
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Teaching, instructing or coaching children: 1 year minimum
Required license or certification:
- Valid Driver's License
- First Aid Certification
- Criminal Record Check
Job Type: Part-time
- Teaching, Instructing, Coaching: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Criminal Record Check (Required)
- First Aid Certification (Required)