Job Number: 75987
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: David Braley Research Bldg
Status: Temporary Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 23.5500 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 30.1900
Post Date: Apr 16, 2019, 11:00:00 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Apr 23, 2019, 10:59:00 PM
The Population Health Research Institute (PHRI), a joint institute of Hamilton Health Sciences and McMaster University, with over 250 employees working directly with 38 clinician researchers. PHRI conducts clinical research internationally in 86 countries and is a world leader in large, global health and population and health outcomes research. Our capacity to conduct multiple international studies concurrently, with tens of thousands of participants in each, is a capability very few organizations in the world can match.
Responsibilities include supporting the study team in correspondence with study investigators and other study personnel from participating site, assisting in the development and maintenance of REDCap and DataFax study databases, assisting in the training of site personnel; creating and validation data reports; developing monthly newsletters; managing and monitoring biospecimen kit and sample shipments; and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Assisting in creation or revision of CRFs and the development and testing of data management systems and procedures
2. Creation of data entry training and education materials
3. Assisting in all data management activities for the trial
4. Maintaining and tracking study team task lists for the project
5. Creation and communication of agenda and supporting materials for weekly project office meetings and sponsor teleconferences
6. Communicating with sites in a timely and accurate manner and seeking advice when required
7. Scheduling and providing supporting materials for team meetings, site training sessions, sponsor meetings and project meetings as required
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours/week.
This position is temporary until May, 2020.
1. Bachelor’s degree related to Health or Business preferred
2. Minimum of 2 years of data management and research/clinical trials experience
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
4. Ability to problem-solve, work independently, adapt to constant change, take initiative, self-motivate, be flexible, and multi-task
5. Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Familiarity with electronic data capture software and data authoring software such as iDataFax, Framemaker, MedDRA, RedCap, SAS Visual Analytics
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement