Yara Canada has posted a permanent full-time position for a Sales Agronomist. If you are interested in applying for this position please apply online at www.yaracanada.ca on or before December 13, 2019. Please apply on the Yara website at www.yaracanada.ca
Job Title: Sales Agronomist, Eastern Saskatchewan
About the Unit
Yara Canada is part of the global company Yara International ASA delivering solutions for sustainable agriculture and the environment. Our fertilizers and crop nutrition programs help produce the food required for the growing world population. Our industrial products and solutions reduce emissions, improve air quality and support safe and efficient operations. Founded in Norway in 1905, Yara has a worldwide presence with offices in more than 60 countries and sales to 150 countries.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Sales Agronomist has responsibility for supporting Yara’s sales activities related to the Eastern Saskatchewan Territory. The Sales Agronomist will partner with local retail locations, crop consultants and farmers to create demand for Yara’s crop nutrition solutions. The Sales Agronomist will work in close cooperation with the other team members in Western Canada to actively promote Yara’s crop nutrition solutions through demonstration trials, field days, trade shows and farmer meetings as well as bring farmer insight into the development of new products and services.
· Support Regional Managers on execution of sales
· Provide presence for Yara crop nutrition programs at retail local level as well as at farm level
· Execute demo trials and data collection and organize field days in conjunction with retailers and farmers
· Maintain and populate a CRM database to capture market knowledge and relevance of Yara crop solutions
· Work closely with Crop Managers, Marketing, Product Management and Digital teams to execute crop specific business strategies
· Provide information on foliar and micronutrient trends as far as crops, customers, digital and competitor activity
· Generate insights of farmer practices, content for digital promotion, engagement within farmers
· Create newsletters, blogs, or technical pieces for distribution.
· 1-3 years working experience in similar role and industries, preferably with value added fertilizers exposure
· Strong business orientation and communication skills
· Experience in holding presentations to small or large audiences
· Extensive travelling within large territory requiring a valid driver’s license
· Strong market and product knowledge
· Strong organization and planning skills
· Strong communication and influencing skills
· Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
· Proficient in MS office, especially Excel and PowerPoint, as well as digital tools, such as Twitter, and Facebook
· Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or Ag related field.
· CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) preferred.
· Home office based in Eastern Saskatchewan
Deanna Milton, Human Resource Manager
Apply no later than
December 5, 2019
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent