Do you have strong knowledge of GMP, GPP, GACP, SAFR, FDR, CFIA, HC, FDA, EMA, and ICH guidelines? Do you have advanced knowledge of the Cannabis Act, its Regulations, and Physical Security protocols? Do you have strong auditing skills? If so, then this ad is for you!
At Zenabis, our Compliance Manager is responsible for all compliance activities at the Zenabis Stellarton facility and will be responsible for overseeing all communications with Health Canada concerning licensing and regulatory compliance for the facility and its products. They must ensure that the facility is always inspection ready and will manage the submissions of all reporting requirements of the Minister of Health and other Regulatory Authorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, submit and maintain facility permits, licenses, and registrations. Manage and maintain the life-cycle for the manufacturing licences and marketing authorizations
- Oversee submissions of cannabis inventory reports to Health Canada Licensing and ensuring these are consolidated with the ERP system
- Ensure all notices to authorities are completed correctly and submitted within the timeframe specified in the Cannabis Regulation
- Review and advise on all Organizational Security Plans and Physical Security Plans before final submission to Health Canada
- Participate in all Health Canada and other Regulatory authority audits
- Oversee the execution of internal regulatory compliance audits of all departments and issue audit reports to department heads to ensure audit readiness and conformity with the Cannabis Act, its Regulation, and other regulatory requirements such as GMP, GPP, GACP, SAFR, FDR, CFIA
- Ensure that audit results are formally recorded and reported and that corrective/preventive actions are documented
- Participate in all initial change control meetings to ensure all proposed changes follow legal guidelines and internal policies and procedures
- Proactively reviews procedures and reports periodically to identify trends, risks and non-conformities
- Support the development and implementation of company policies as they relate to Compliance
- Oversee all cannabis transfer requirements for documentation are met prior to authorization
- Monitor and participate in all security and quality investigations relating to unexplained cannabis losses, gains or theft incidents
- Collaborate with each department and support the implementation of Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPAs)
- Participate in management meetings to remain abreast of all current and future compliance risks
- Develop compliance training programs and provide advice and training to develop facility personnel in matters related to Compliance
- Bring awareness of any regulatory issues, updates and best practices to senior leadership and facility leads
- Prepare facility compliance reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies when required
- Maintaining customer confidence and protecting operations by keeping information confidential
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree required; Business or Sciences preferred
- 8+ years experience in a regulated GMP environment, 3+ years in a lead/Management role
- Ability to travel within Canada
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills (dynamic, strong relationship builder and influencer)
- Strong ability to adapt to change
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills - manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and professional judgment skills
- Ability to research, analyze and synthesize information from various sources
- Ability to demonstrate discretion, tact and sound judgment, especially when reviewing sensitive or confidential information and determining the appropriate course of action
- Works well alone and in a team environment
- Knowledge working with computerized systems such as ERPs, etc
- Bilingual – English and French
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Security Clearance: Security Clearance is required for this position.
Working Hours: Full-Time, Monday through Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm. Weekend work may be necessary.
Physical Requirements: None
Zenabis is quickly becoming a key player in the rapidly growing Canadian cannabis industry. As a publicly traded company (TSX: ZENA) with over 30 years of experience in commercial agriculture, we have the potential to become one of the largest licensed producers of medical and adult-use cannabis in the world. We are a diverse and passionate team of doctors, scientists, cultivators, educators, and advocates with the same goal: to increase access to high quality cannabis products.
While headquartered in downtown Vancouver, Zenabis’ facilities are located coast to coast across Canada. As the reach of our products continues to expand nationwide and internationally, we are looking for exceptional talent to propel our company to the next level. Join us as we help build this budding industry! For more information, please visit: https://www.zenabis.com.
Job Type: Full-time